The Devils and the Riveters Form a Hockey Partnership

The Devils will become the first N.H.L. team to hold an ownership stake in a women’s professional hockey franchise, agreeing to a three-year partnership with the Riveters of the National Women’s Hockey League. The deal is expected to be announced Thursday morning.

The Devils’ investment includes providing rent-free facilities for Riveters games and practices in Newark, and assisting in sponsorships, ticket sales and marketing. The teams declined to discuss the financial terms of the partnership.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/04/s...ey-devils.html
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

This is great to see. Awesome for the game & the development of Women's Pro hockey! Hopefully this starts a trend that will catch on with other teams who have that financial opportunity (and means) in order to form a similar partnership.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Quote Originally Posted by creasecollector View Post
    This is great to see. Awesome for the game & the development of Women's Pro hockey! Hopefully this starts a trend that will catch on with other teams who have that financial opportunity (and means) in order to form a similar partnership.
    I can only hope it starts a trend!!!

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Good for them.

The NHL has done lots of "grow the game" type things over the last 20 years... and I do think they've done it with some success.

If they want to grow the game, and get more girls playing (which, in theory, gets them more fans) - a professional woman's league is one way to help do that. Only way these leagues will work is with help, and the NHL (and the teams) is in a great position to help.