Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling Prices

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Giants
    Twitter: @@amazingrandy1 See erimengde0's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

Selling Prices

I am looking for a little guidance. I am back collecting after a very long time, and was wondering what people are using as a guideline when it comes to selling their cards. What do you know to charge? Do you go buy a particular price guide and price? Im looking to sell some cards, but I want to be reasonable to the buyer and myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Erik

SCF Rewards
    Country

Always good to look on e-bay but greed kill if you want to sell more tkc have good one

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

IMHO "price guides" are utterly useless in this day and age and the ONLY thing that matters are eBay "completed sales".

Just look up the card you want to sell on eBay, then click "Sold Listings" on the left hand side of the screen. Then, after the screen refreshes, click "Auction" again on the left side of the screen. You can then see all the auction sales of the card you have over the past 90 days. Just add them up and divide the final sum by the number of auctions and you'll have a good average for your particular card.

Have fun!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (84)
    Country
    See babyhuey76's Items on eBay

I usually go by eBay completed sales myself. But don't just go by 1 or 2 completed sales. You need to look into all completed sales as some people do just bids and have it close at a weird time thus resulting in less people bidding as well you have people that only sell with buy it now when a player has a big game. Lots of factors go into the price other then just what the final price is, both good and bad.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (84)
    Country

IMHO "price guides" are utterly useless in this day and age and the ONLY thing that matters are eBay "completed sales".

Just look up the card you want to sell on eBay, then click "Sold Listings" on the left hand side of the screen. Then, after the screen refreshes, click "Auction" again on the left side of the screen. You can then see all the auction sales of the card you have over the past 90 days. Just add them up and divide the final sum by the number of auctions and you'll have a good average for your particular card.

Have fun!

So what about completed sales where there was a fixed price or best offer option. Do those not count in completed sales?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Giants
    Twitter: @@amazingrandy1 See erimengde0's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

Thank you for the feedback guys. So it looks like Ebay is the way to go now-a-days. I guess Beckett is, or has become obsolete over the time i havent been collecting.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So what about completed sales where there was a fixed price or best offer option. Do those not count in completed sales?

They are useless for the most part as many of them are fake sales meant to influence the market and others are legit sales where the buyers were simply ignorant of value and over-paid ... I would ONLY use completed AUCTION sales to establish value on non 1/1 cards.

Thank you for the feedback guys. So it looks like Ebay is the way to go now-a-days. I guess Beckett is, or has become obsolete over the time i havent been collecting.

Yes, Beckett is entirely obsolete now imho.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Seattle Seahawks
    See Swiggy56's Items on eBay

Definitely eBay. I liked Beckett back in the day until the companies started doing so many sets and subsets, along with the GU and 1/1's. I myself am guilty of making a best offer or BIN. There are a lot of people who inflate prices just because it's a certain player, low serial number, multi color patches, multi star player, and the famous 1/10 or 10/10 and the jersey number making them a 1/1 so they are worth more. One other thing that influences the market is the grading. Personally, I don't care for the grading of a card. All it does is allow the seller to sell for an insane amount. The card could be worth $5 but because its graded 9 to 10, they want $100 or more. No matter what, if the market dies down and cards aren't as popular or worth what they are now, some people will sell fairly affordable, but you will still have your die hard greedy people.
    I collect Seahawks Relic-GU & 1/1's

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (84)
    Country

[QUOTE=Jameis1of1;14498162]They are useless for the most part as many of them are fake sales meant to influence the market and others are legit sales where the buyers were simply ignorant of value and over-paid ... I would ONLY use completed AUCTION sales to establish value on non 1/1 cards.

And see this is why I use them as auctions are so many times rigged as well with people getting friends to bump up prices or they do a 3 day auction after a hot game from a player so the prices can sometimes become over inflated as well. It is why I use logic and common sense from both auctions and buy it nows for my prices for the most part as either of them can be skewed in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And see this is why I use them as auctions are so many times rigged as well with people getting friends to bump up prices or they do a 3 day auction after a hot game from a player so the prices can sometimes become over inflated as well. It is why I use logic and common sense from both auctions and buy it nows for my prices for the most part as either of them can be skewed in my opinion.

Great post!

Honestly you make a very, very good point and I certainly can't argue with you as there certainly are "shilled" auctions and I suppose you're right that some Buy-it-Now and "Best Offer" sales are legit. Thank you for correcting me as you are right about that and are 100% right that the best rule of thumb is to simply use one's own common sense to determine which sales are legitimate sales and to then valuate a card based on said legitimate sales.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast