Thread: 80s and 90s Rookies Questions

80s and 90s Rookies Questions

My question is about rookie cards being sold on ebay of players from the 80s and 90s, Sakic, Robitaille, Coffey, not Lemieux or Gretz.
    It appears to me that a lot of these cards sell quite cheap. Now being new to this Im not sure of the reason, but are any rookies from those eras undervalued? Do members here personally see any rookies from this timeframe undervalued?

Im super fascinated that the older cards dont seem to be as popular as the new cards. I for one love older cards and am not too excited by new cards. I wont even buy new cards to open.

2. Kronozio
    Part of the problem was that the 80 and 90s were mass produced and that why the greats of that time are as cheap as they are. LMK what you are looking for and I will work out a great deal. I have given up Hockey and Basketball and collecting Baseball and Football mostly for the Grandboys and some PCs for me!
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Jay Ajayi, Brandin Cooks and Marcus Mariota!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

If you look at the players personal accomplishments, then I would say most of them are underappreciated.

You get things like McDavid and Matthews Young Guns ( still most likely 10,000 of each produced ) .... and they sell for hundreds ..... for what?

Like the member above me stated, its because everything from that era was MASS produced. Its not old enough where kids didnt know they had something of potential value, but not new enough like today where basically everything is serial numbered so you know the rarity. They are that dead zone where everyone thought they were about to make it rich on the 100 Lindros rookies they were hording, expect everybody had 100 of them.

With cards from that era, its best to get the best conditioned ones you have graded ... because thats where you will see an increase in values.

Im not old enough to remember the 80s and 90s rookies, but I do remember wanting the late 90s inserts back when I was a kid and not being able to afford them. Enter the internet, and I can afford 99.9% of all the 90s cards I could ever want
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Traders - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

If you want value buy them cheap then get them grades. If you can master the grading game they will no longer be cheap. As the others have said they are so plentiful the value is just not there.

Don'
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Google the phrase "Junk Wax Era".

As others have said: Those cards are all new enough that a very significant portion were saved (collected) and not just beat up by kids.... people held onto their cards, instead of letting their mothers thrown in the trash, because they were going to be worth something some day.

I'm pretty sure an ungraded RC of guys like Robitalle, Hull, Oates, Coffey, etc.... I'm thinking one in good condition but not graded.... you would have paid more for that card 20 years ago than you would today.

Graded 9.5 or better? They are worth massive amounts of cash - but copies those nice are hard to find.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Enter the 1st leg of the UD RAK 'Em Up! contest!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content