Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gauging Interest - Hockey Trader Draft

I am seeing how much interest there would be in running another Hockey Trader Draft?

This is something that we did a while back

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...Draft-Sign-ups

However, with the Holidays and my scheduled Vacation after Christmas, this would be something that I would not look to do until Mid-January (unless someone else decides to lead this).
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    Shipping done on Saturdays for all Addresses
    ---
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

2. Kronozio
    I may be interested, but a few things I would add that would IMO improve upon the last one.

I think the person running it needs to be more strict with regards to what is allowed to be submitted, instead of just strictly following BV as we all know there are a lot of stuff that have a decent BV but you can't even give away and looking at the last draft, there were definitely a few cards that fit that profile. I think just going off of the guidelines set in the Pay It Forward Friday contest that was recently held

"Please ensure that you're posting up cards likely to be claimed by other members for their PC. We want this to be fun and move fairly quickly. If you're looking to dump that Tuomo Ruutu card you've had for six years and can't trade/sell to save your life, this isn't the place. Be fair and fun. If you put in a claim on a nice active star player or HHOF'er, don't turn around and post up a 4th liner's card that just happens to "book" 30."

I think something similar should apply here, also perhaps upping the minimum BV or the total BV so at least a few more decent cards will be submitted which should generate a bit more excitement. With the 10 BV I think too many lower end stuff can be used to meet the criteria, so that way even the later rounds of the draft will still be fun and intriguing and it isn't just all the inserts/jerseys left over.
    Last edited by R39; 11-26-2017 at 10:33 PM.

I'm definitely in, looks like fun.
    Wanted: Blues #'d, AU, GU. Especially Federko, CuJo, Hull, MacInnis, Demitra, Tarasenko
    Traders on Flickr - Hidden Content
    I auto-accept 20% off on Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by R39 View Post

"Please ensure that you're posting up cards likely to be claimed by other members for their PC. We want this to be fun and move fairly quickly. If you're looking to dump that Tuomo Ruutu card you've had for six years and can't trade/sell to save your life, this isn't the place. Be fair and fun. If you put in a claim on a nice active star player or HHOF'er, don't turn around and post up a 4th liner's card that just happens to "book" 30."

I think something similar should apply here, also perhaps upping the minimum BV or the total BV so at least a few more decent cards will be submitted which should generate a bit more excitement. With the 10 BV I think too many lower end stuff can be used to meet the criteria, so that way even the later rounds of the draft will still be fun and intriguing and it isn't just all the inserts/jerseys left over.
    this is something that I will most certainly put into place. This is a lesson that I learned from the last time I ran this.
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    Shipping done on Saturdays for all Addresses
    ---
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Count me in again.
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

Looks like something I would enjoy - please count me in.
    PC Wants: Cam Neely, Milan Lucic, P.J. Stock, Barry Pederson, Normand Leveille & Terry Francona.
    Also Collecting
    : Andrew Benintendi, Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, Rob Gronkowski.
    Other: Current Red Sox, Bruins & Patriots
    Hidden Content

Sounds good to me.
    My Website - Hidden Content
    My Want List - Hidden Content
    My want List on Excel -Hidden Content
    PM is the best way to contact me.

I’d be interested
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! My Hidden Content
    Main PC players: Ian McCoshen and Bill Barber
    Current sets projects: UD Canvas young guns, retired stars and POE (all years)
    2017-18 OPC Playing cards (regular and foil), mini, mini black
    Always willing to trade for any Flyers cards I don't have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast