Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im coming out of retirement, but I need an orientation.

Hi M name is jeff, my uncle gave me nearly a whole set of NBA hoops back in 91-92 to get me started.

1) I like collecting, but I dont want to focus on full sets though, because if I am going to collect then I want my collection to be worth something. It seems as if having a full set doesnt add value, its more of an individual card value.

2) I may stick to 1 sport, what sport has the best general value (considering most hits per dollar spent, general public interest, typical premium card value, Etc.

3) I dont expect an excel spreadsheet and study or anything, just maybe some opinions and why?

4) Does anyone have some niche ideas that work for them? I'm not looking to copy someones niche, but if i had some ideas, to guide me to what i really want to do.

5) Does anyone have a particular favorite premium set type (for example topps- Allen & ginter, chrome etc, or fleer ultra, panini, etc.)? Whats typically going to hold the most value?

6) Does anyone make money collecting and selling cards?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF and it depends on what sport you really love. The Premium stuff again is your prefix, I like Allen & Ginter's! I don't make money on cards like I use to. A lot of people are building Personal Collections of there best team or player. I collect Emmitt Smith and Derek Jeter. Good luck in whatever you decide!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See jonsdoe1432's Items on eBay

Hello and welcome

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Jeff- Welcome to SCF! Hockey seems to the most heavily followed on this site. I love all sports, but for me baseball is my favorite. As far as niches are concerned, there are so many ways to go- players from your home state, players who share your birthday and so on.

Good luck with whichever direction you go.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF ! :)

Glad to have you!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

Welcome to SCF Jeff, hope you are enjoying yourself here so far!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

Welsome to the site and happy trading

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've always enjoyed collecting my favorite players. I would use busts to support my Carlton Fisk addiction LOL. That grew to all White Sox- and I ended up with so many base cards, I started doing some sets basically just if I liked the base card look that series.

Now my daughter is 11 and shes getting into it, and I introduced her to set building bases and shes loving it- and I must admit I am too with her.

I really like the Allen Ginter look, but the regular Bowman have always struck my fancy too, even wtih the 100 variations they used before.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome....don't do it for money...do it for love. If you do it for $$, you will be disappointed