Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

How much are 6000+ wax era hockey cards worth ? Please comment your opinion!

I have about 6000-7000 wax era hockey cards... I am wondering how much they’re worth. Please comment below

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can you be more specific: Year,Brand,commons,Stars
    Blackhawks wantlist,Hockey/Baseball traders @ Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See https://www.ebay.com/usr/nine_pockets's Items on eBay Instagram:

I agree with chet09. More info is necessary.

If you mean the "junk wax" era (late 1980s to early 1990s), then the general answer would be "not very much", even for the stars and RCs.

But if you go back another 10 years or so, then we're potentially talking about RCs of Lemieux, Roy, Gretzky.
    My trading card blog: Hidden Content

My merch store: Hidden Content

My custom card store on eBay: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

wax to me is the 70's and 80's. The packs that came with a stick of gum.
    Like others said depends on brand and condition. and if the packs are opened or not. Sealed boxes of the 70's will yield a premium
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If it’s post-89, my LCS guys sell them to a wholesaler for a quarter-penny per card.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If it’s post-89, my LCS guys sell them to a wholesaler for a quarter-penny per card.

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum

That boils down to basically 8 dollars per 3200 count box right. Not bad if your moving absolute junk. The sad thing is the box is worth about $2 lol.

DON

DON

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Assuming this is stuff like 89-90 OPC, and 90-94 OPC, Score, Proset, UD.....

There are some cards in those sets worth keeping. Gretzky, Lemieux, Roy base cards are okay... and there's lots of rookies that would sell okay in the 25 cent - $1 range... and a few (Jagr, Sakic, Bure, etc) that would go higher.

If you're sitting a wad of 90-91 Pro Set, and have time to kill, it could be worth reviewing a list of the rarer errors / variants. Some used to sell $100+ and look like common (i.e. Paul Gillies bloody nose card)

The rest? Probably worth more as kindling than as hockey cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Basically, you wont know until you learn what you have, and even then, you'd have to take the time to actually look through the cards. No matter what sets they are, you are going to have a lot of junk that isn't worth the paper it's printed on, and you'll have a few cards worth substantially more than everything else. You really need to go back almost to the 60s until you get to a time where even regular commons would be worth enough to try to sell them. Even commons from the 70s wont get you more than a few cents per card unless they are in really good shape. If you try to put them up on Ebay as "7000 cards from the 70s and 80s", I doubt you would have many people interested enough to even ask you what is included. And you certainly wouldn't get any big bids unless you were able to give people a breakdown of what was included. It would cost you way more to mail them than you would get in bids.

If you don't want to take the time to learn what you have, you could ask a friend who knows about hockey cards to look through them. But you better trust that person.