Bulk Hockey Card Purchase - Advice?

Im relatively new to collecting hockey cards, and I need some opinions... I have an opportunity to purchase a bulk lot of hockey cards. Id estimate the total number of cards at around 6-7,000.

there are cards in the collection mostly ranging from the late 70s to the 90s. At a glance I saw
    - About 300 or so cards from 77
    - Definitely a bunch of O-Pee-Chees (OPC)
    - Some autographs (maybe 20 or so; no names that jumped out at me)
    - A graded PSA 7 Jagr 1990 OPC card
    - Some relic cards
    - more sporadic cards from the 70s.

Id estimate most of the older cards to be mid-grade.

The guy is asking around $2,500 for the collection. Seems steep to me.

Thoughts??? What would you do?

2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    seems to me someone stepped away from collecting and is now trying to dump what he thinks is a gold mine
    2500 way too much in my opinion for cards from those years especially if you feel they would grade mid at best

i would pass

$2500 is way too much. I'm guessing $500 would be too much if that person tried to sell all of it on eBay. Just look around it is a buyers market and not a sellers one unless you have high end vintage, hot rookies, or 1/1 type rare stuff. I mean if you took $2500 and bought stuff on here you would have a jaw dropping collection of stuff you actual want so there's that to consider too.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

As the others said pass on that deal!

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Like others said, you could look at a few traders lists to find cards you would actually care about. what do you hope to collect? teams, players, sets?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app