Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Fantasy Football Help

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Fantasy Football Help

So I'm into the semi finals in my (rather deep) Fantasy Football league. Standard size rosters, standard PPR scoring, 16 teams. I'm a little torn on who to start this week at a couple of positions - thought I'd make a post here, and see what others had to say.

From this list I can start two Wide Receivers, and 1 Flex (RB or WR):

WR - Jarvis Landry, MIA (@BUF)
    WR - JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT (@NE)
    WR - Mohamed Sanu, ATL (@TB)

RB - CJ Anderson, DEN (@IND)
    RB - Peyton Barber, TB (vs ATL)

I'm inclined to start Anderson in the Flex spot, and Smith-Shuster as one of the WRs. I'm leaning Sanu over Landry this week because of the matchups.

I'm also a little stuck on TEs. Mine have been (mostly) terrible this year after Greg Olsen got hurt (I dropped him, someone else stashed him, so he's not available). I've got Austin Seferian-Jenkins (NYJ) who I'll probably end up using.... but I'm also sitting with Trey Burton (PHI) right now. I grabbed him last week after the Zach Ertz injury (it paid off big time) but I suspect Ertz is back this week, so I'm not sure Burton is worth playing anymore.... of course they're playing the Giants though, so maybe Burton still gets red zone targets? Or Maybe Foles starting at QB means the TEs won't be as effective in Philly anyway?

The WR slot is the big question for me. There is no way I leave JuJu on the bench this week... but is Sanu over Landry the better play? I can't see me using Barber, but is Anderson a better play than a 3rd WR ?

I'll add in my QB question too. I've got Alex Smith. He's been (mostly) junk for the last 6 games. I'm putting in a waiver claim for Nick Foles... not necessarily because I'll start him, but because my opponent has Carson Wentz, and I'd like to block him from getting his replacement. I have more Waiver Acquisition Points (he's gone none left) so while I can't be sure I'll get him, I know my opponent will not. If I do end up with Foles, think he's a better play than Smith ?
    Last edited by 30ranfordfan; 12-13-2017 at 09:40 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A bit hard for me to put a RB over the WR in a PPR league though to my defense I haven't played fantasy football in years so I have no clue who these guys are. So just think back to the golden fantasy football league rule. Always play your best players. You drafted and rely on them for a reason. Better to lose with the best you have than to go down trying to "outsmart" the other guy in my opinion.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sivers's Items on eBay

One easy thing you will want to do Sunday is to confirm the weather in Buffalo. I think if the weather is OK in Buff, I would play the three WRs.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Appreciate the comments.

Of course I've got to make a call on CJ Anderson (or not) for tonight's game. I did get Foles, so that's still going to be a Sunday morning call to make @ QB too.

Will mention, I absolutely agree with starting your best players.... Le'von Bell & Todd Gurley are my top two players, if they don't have good weeks, it's very tough for me to win.

The rest - It's kinda been by committee all year. My TEs I've added & dropped depending on matchups.... WRs: JuJu was a waiver pickup about half way through the season, and I've used those 3 "by committee" since.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

If anyone was interested.... I went with my gut.

Foles over Smith... Both had good games, but Foles much better.

Started JuJu and Sanu. That was a mistake.... Landry had a better game than JuJu, Sanu still to be determined.

CJ Anderson started in my flex spot. Had a good game, but was bested by Landry.

Also used ASJ as my TE, and he did squat.

The result? Well, the small mistakes i made didnt matter. Gurley and Bell were both monsters.... Sanu would have to lose me 30 points tonight, to stop me from winning :) Finals next week!

Sent from my LG-H915 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sivers's Items on eBay

Congrats. Glad you got CJ in there for that big game.