Thread: Canadian Tire Cards Debate!!!

Canadian Tire Cards Debate!!!

Hey all,

I thought I'd see what everyone's thoughts were on the Canadian Tire UD Set. I love the cards and think its an awesome set for the holiday season.

Here's my debate, who in your opinion got left out in this set??

Mine is Ryan Smyth 'Captain Canada'. Participated in WJC, WC, OG played over 80 international games.

Look forward to your opinions in this fun debate.

2. Kronozio
    Quote Originally Posted by coachobrien44 View Post

Here's my debate, who in your opinion got left out in this set??

Eric Lindros

paul henderson
    Bobby Ryan PC
    1038/1151
    1/1's and Plates: 10

Original photography

Sent from my iPhone using SportsCardForum
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    Original photography

I was sooo thinking that too!

Like try and find images from some other sources... Unreleased journalist archive images from those eras... You know! not the same old regurgitated pics we see on cards over and over again!

Good start guys, I agree with the original photography also. Keep it real!!!

Anyone else have their opinions on this?

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    Original photography

I love the Canadian Tire UD set. I wish they had more of these like we see with Tim Horton's as well. Good to get more kids involved with the hobby and not crush their wallets.

But yes, just like Richard mentioned above, I would love to see more original photography as well, especially since this was a bit of an 'odd' release that was found in Canadian Tire stores. A unique product like this, coupled with unique photography would've been a nice touch to make it stand out further from the others or 'typical' Team Canada UD product we've seen in recent past.

Great product from UD though. I don't want to seem like I'm knocking it at all. I love seeing releases like this.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

As this is such a mass-release product, there will of course be a large segment of people out there who don't know or care that the Shea Weber cards in the product (Base, Canvas, and POE) all have the same image and that said image has been used multiple times over the years in previous Upper Deck products. I'm sure that there's plenty of other repeat images used. Many may also not understand why it's (for newer players) junior team or World Championships when many of them have been in the Olympics or other Team Canada events (World Cup!) but that's a licensing thing with the IOC of course. We know that here. LOL

It does really surprise me to not see them use World Cup photography in this set. It was a frickin' NHL/NHLPA event, after all.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content