Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

JAMEIS, JAMEIS, JAMEIS ... the biased main stream sports media "talking heads" just keep getting exposed as the "paid liars" they are ... hopefully general football fans will stop falling for their false narratives ...

2018 when pressured.jpg 2018 outside pocket.jpg 2018 3rd down.jpg

To think Jameis was #1 in the entire NFL "when pressured", #1 in the entire NFL "outside the pocket" and #4 in the entire NFL "on 3rd down" while playing behind a terrible O-Line, with one of the worst run games in the entire league, and with a goofball coach who liked to rely on 5-7 step drops and deep throws despite the line not being able to protect and their being no threat from the run game, is astounding!

Last edited by Jameis1of1; 01-03-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

It's very commendable that he's leads in QB Rating when pressured and when outside of the pocket and ranked highly on 3rd downs. 3rd down is a critical down and a QB who can't deal with pressure is a QB who won't be in the league long. If a QB can't function outside of the pocket they'll be more liable to take sacks, get intentional grounding penalties, and less likely to run to get first downs. Does make me want to consider some additional information though.

I'd be interested in knowing what his QBR was in those scenarios. I think we've established previously that QB Rating is not nearly the complete tool to use as compared to QBR. But working with apples to apples, we'll use QB Rating

If his QB Rating is high on third down, 107.7, then what are his numbers on the other downs?
    • 1st down it's 90.2 which places him 23rd
    • 2nd down it's 78.6 which is 28th
    • 3rd down it's 106.4 which is 4th
    • 4th down is not a great stat to use as the sample size is too small to get passer rating, but I can say that Winston was 4 of 5 for 4 first downs for an 80% conversion rate which is fantastic.... and an 88.3 passer rating which is WHO CARES ITS 4th DOWN, MOVE THE CHAINS!

I'm curious how they came up with that graphic for 3rd down passer rating though. When I run the numbers on pro-football-reference.com, the QB Rating is slightly skewed for a lot of guys.

Russell is reported to have 113.7 but PFR lists it at 113.6. A rounding difference most likely. But Winston is listed as 107.7 whereas on PFR it's 106.4. A 1.3 difference isn't a big deal and doesn't change the ranking. They do list Goff as 9th on the list when actually Joe Flacco is 9th with a 97.6 rating. Flacco threw 92 attempts on 3rd down and Winston threw 84, so Flacco shouldn't be disqualified based on quantity of pass attempts without also eliminating Winston. For the worst rated, they have Mullens at 5 when he only threw 68 times. What is the cutoff for attempts to generate this stat? Brock Osweiler attempted 54 passes and he had a rating 110.8 which would place him 3rd.

I bring this up not to bash on Winston but to try and illustrate that stats can be used to tell narratives that don't accurately reflect the complete body of work. 2nd down rating probably isn't a big deal and I would argue that 3rd down is more important than 1st down. Forever as a Bears fan I always had to hear about "Packers always win in Lambeau in December when it's under 32 degrees when Favre was QB" or "so and so has got the best passer rating when his team is down by one score inside of 2 minutes to play on the road". So again it's commendable he has good numbers in those areas, but if on the season he he had solid numbers in those three areas and on the season he had a 90.2 passer rating, that would mean in other scenarios he wasn't as good in.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's very commendable that he's leads in QB Rating when pressured and when outside of the pocket and ranked highly on 3rd downs. 3rd down is a critical down and a QB who can't deal with pressure is a QB who won't be in the league long. If a QB can't function outside of the pocket they'll be more liable to take sacks, get intentional grounding penalties, and less likely to run to get first downs.

It's even more important for Jameis, since the poor guy is either scrambling for his life or dodging defenders inside the pocket on almost every play ... the Bucs O-Line is terrible!

If his QB Rating is high on third down, 107.7, then what are his numbers on the other downs?
    • 1st down it's 90.2 which places him 23rd
    • 2nd down it's 78.6 which is 28th
    • 3rd down it's 106.4 which is 4th
    • 4th down is not a great stat to use as the sample size is too small to get passer rating, but I can say that Winston was 4 of 5 for 4 first downs for an 80% conversion rate which is fantastic.... and an 88.3 passer rating which is WHO CARES ITS 4th DOWN, MOVE THE CHAINS!

I think an easy explanation of why Jameis' rating is the best in the league under pressure, the best in the league outside the pocket and the 4th best in the league on 3rd down, and darn near perfect on 4th down (4-for-5) as you mentioned, is because he's simply one of those guys who is "clutch" and plays great when the pressure is on ... he's always been that way dating back to high school.

HOWEVER, I also think there is an easy explanation for why his 1st and 2nd down rating is not good, and that's two fold, (a) because the Bucs have NO GROUND GAME and the defense never needs to fear the Tampa rushing attack, so unlike most other QBs who can use play-action effectively and who always have a "threat" behind them that at least scares the defense, Jameis has had garbage behind him for 3 straight years and there is no running threat at all from the Buccanners ... unless it's Jameis himself who takes off scrambling! Any QBs best friend is a good running game and that's even more important for a young QB, but the Bucs have just looked at Jameis as their "savior" and decided he could just drop back 40-50+ times every single game ... in short, the Bucs are a terrible organization and I hope they don't waste Jameis' career the way the Lions wasted Barry Sanders' career, or Megatron's career, or are now wasting Matt Stafford's career ...

I am hoping that the Bucs' owners offer Bruce Arians the head coaching job, as it's known he wants the job, has raved about Jameis for years, and honestly, not only do I think he's a fantastic coach, but I just love the guy personally ... just something about him ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

WOW ... Matt LaFleur was just hired as the new Head Coach of the Packers ... if THAT doesn't show you that EVERYONE in the NFL (despite what any clueless "talking heads" in the media or casual fans on social media say) has wildly different expectations for Jameis Winston than they do for Marcus Mariota ...

Under LaFleur (who turned Jared Goff from a complete bust into a budding star in just one season), Mariota averaged just 195.6 passing yards per full start and was carried by his defense and running game, while Jameis averaged 296.5 passing yards per full start and bested Mariota in Raw QBR, Y/A, AY/A, Y/C, NY/A, ANY/A, etc, yet Mariota's Offensive Coordinator is the first new Head Coach hired, and by the Packers with Aaron Rodgers no less, while Jameis' coach got canned despite the Bucs setting all sorts of offensive franchise records ... and now can't even get one single interview for a head coaching position in the league, as no one seems to think he's "head coach" material now.

If any O.C. worked with Famous Jameis and watched as Jameis averaged under 196 passing yards per full start and needed to be carried by his defense and run game, that coach would likely be blacklisted by every team and have to go coach high school football in some place like Alaska! But, that is what Mariota's O.C. did with Marcus, and he is the first coach hired and gets to coach Aaron Roders? Hahahahah, that cracks me up!

It just goes to show that everyone in NFL circles knows Jameis is a legitimate Hall of Fame talent and they EXPECT him to throw for a ton of yards, TDs and just rack up stats like mad and if a coach doesn't do all of that AND win games even without a run game or defense, that coach gets fired and no other team even gives him an interview as a head coaching candidate ... those within NFL circles expect greatness and domination from Jameis and the media rips him when he doesn't provide greatness and domination ... it's both sad and funny to me.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

WOW ... Matt LaFleur was just hired as the new Head Coach of the Packers ... if THAT doesn't show you that EVERYONE in the NFL (despite what any clueless "talking heads" in the media or casual fans on social media say) has wildly different expectations for Jameis Winston than they do for Marcus Mariota ...

Under LaFleur (who turned Jared Goff from a complete bust into a budding star in just one season), Mariota averaged just 195.6 passing yards per full start and was carried by his defense and running game, while Jameis averaged 296.5 passing yards per full start and bested Mariota in Raw QBR, Y/A, AY/A, Y/C, NY/A, ANY/A, etc, yet Mariota's Offensive Coordinator is the first new Head Coach hired, and by the Packers with Aaron Rodgers no less

I've always been curious who gets credit for what when it comes to coaches coming up through the ranks. How much influence was LaFluer vs McVay in St. Louis as McVay called all the plays? How much does LaFleur get credit with the Falcons season when they went to the Super Bowl as the QB coach vs the OC or HC? I'm not picking on LaFler specifically but whenever a guy gets a promotion folks always seem to give that person a lot of credit when it's a team coaching effort at the QB coach/OC/HC level.

while Jameis' coach got canned despite the Bucs setting all sorts of offensive franchise records ... and now can't even get one single interview for a head coaching position in the league, as no one seems to think he's "head coach" material now.

yeah but I didn't think Koetter was actually all that good though right? Usually when a HC coming off of consecutive 5-11 seasons hits the coaching circuit again, it's as a coordinator or college at best.

And then, Dirk Koetter was FIRED.... just a PERFECT day for many Tampa fans!

The Bucs owners have never fired a coach in-season and while I wouldn't mind seeing Koetter fired and Todd Monken (the O.C.) named the "Interim HC", I doubt that happens … but I do imagine Koetter will be fired at season's end

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

VINDICATION!

"Concepts are vindicated by the constant accrual of data and independent verification of data. No prize, not even a Nobel Prize, can make something true that is not true." - Nobel Prize Winner, Stanley B. Prusiner, Neurologist, Biochemist and Discoverer of Prions.

BRUCE ARIANS is now OFFICIALLY the Buccaneers Head Coach!

I predicted Arians would be the Bucs head coach whenever Koetter was fired OVER A YEAR AGO, when he stepped away from the Arizona Cardinals and people thought I was nuts.

Then, over TWO MONTHS AGO, on the day Arians gave an interview and said he'd ONLY come out of retirement to coach the Browns, I told everyone who would listen on Twitter and elsewhere that he would accept the Bucs head coaching position if it was offered to him and the only reason he didn't mention Tampa was because Tampa had a true current head coach, unlike the Browns, who only had an interim ... and I was trolled like crazy and called a lunatic.

However ... today, my prediction was proven true and to many Twitter folks credit, they were quick to acknowledge the truth, which was cool:

ARIANS_1.JPG

ARIANS_7.JPG

ARIANS_5.JPG

ARIANS_6.JPG

ARIANS_4.JPG

ARIANS_3.JPG

UPDATE: Bruce Arians just went on noted Jameis-hater Rich Eisen's show and laid the smack down & basically exposed the entire main stream sports media for their "Winston Derangement Syndrome" ... below is the full clip, but if you pay special attention to 2:38 - 3:02 you will hear Arians say about Jameis Winston, "The whole thing is gonna be built around him. I think he can win it all. I mean, he has the intelligence, the toughness & obviously the arm ability to lead a team. Now we gotta put the right pieces around him; obviously we gotta do some things defensively."

Last edited by Jameis1of1; 01-09-2019 at 04:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The media cracks me up ... just like last year, they all bashed Jameis all during the season because his team was terrible and the win/loss record was bad (and because they don't actually doing any legit research, just glance at the league standings and spin narratives) but then when the year was over and all the statistical sites started releasing their info, the media was like, "Oh, Jameis actually had a good year" ... it's happening again this off-season ... they bashed him all year because his team was terrible and now the stats are coming out and they realize Jameis had a rather incredible year according to the advanced metrics and that the "talking heads" were spewing biased nonsense & actual lies all regular season:

Jameis even went on a media blitz this week and was interviewed by a ton of different shows and personalities and it seems like they're all trying to get on his good side as they see a big 2019 coming ... whatever, it just cracks me up.

I recently tweeted the following at like 3:30am and it's already got 85 votes and I'd welcome all of you guys going on Twitter and voting in the poll if you want to :

poll.JPG
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 02-01-2019 at 08:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've got to tell you, I've only watched him play maybe 6 or 7 times. And I can see why you're a fan. You are officially THE #1 Winston fan and I wish you and the Bucs well. Hopefully he can get either a full (or 1/2) team around him. Or at the very least an offensive line before his window closes. The NFL is a ruthless, unforgiving place to live on your own. As good as he is, you can only last so long in this league without help. It takes several years to put a team together and with a new coach you're sort of starting from scratch again. I love Arians and it's a great fit. They're lucky to have him in my opinion. But it takes an entire organization. I just worry that Winston's endless potential will get swallowed up by a mediocre franchise. They have some young talent and good draft equity....... so we'll see where they can go. It starts with the owner all the way down. Good luck in 2019.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've got to tell you, I've only watched him play maybe 6 or 7 times. And I can see why you're a fan. You are officially THE #1 Winston fan and I wish you and the Bucs well. Hopefully he can get either a full (or 1/2) team around him. Or at the very least an offensive line before his window closes.

I hear you ... the offensive line has been rough all 4 seasons he's been in the league and he hasn't had an even "average" run game behind him in the last 3 years either ... and that defense, oh man, the Bucs defense is just terrible ... their special teams are also terrible and their coaching has been terrible ... it's been a s***-show but that's what can happen when you go #1 overall to the worst team in the league, especially when the franchise has basically been incompetent for its entire existence as well.

The NFL is a ruthless, unforgiving place to live on your own. As good as he is, you can only last so long in this league without help. It takes several years to put a team together and with a new coach you're sort of starting from scratch again.

I agree with you.

I love Arians and it's a great fit. They're lucky to have him in my opinion. But it takes an entire organization.

I agree 100%. I love Arians, just love the guy, but I even the great Bellichick failed miserably in Cleveland, Pete Carroll failed in New England ... even good coaches need to be paired with good organizations. I actually like Tampa's owners as they aren't cheap and want to win, and the GM has history with Arians, so I'm hopeful, but who knows what will happen ... nothing really surprises me all that much in the NFL ... so much of wins and losses are about injuries, luck, etc., ... unless you're the Patriots ... they're just an absolute machine of excellence and consistency.

I just worry that Winston's endless potential will get swallowed up by a mediocre franchise. They have some young talent and good draft equity....... so we'll see where they can go. It starts with the owner all the way down. Good luck in 2019.

"Luck" plays a major part indeed ... we'll see what happens, but thanks for reading and leaving a great comment; have a good one!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I always know when football season is upon me as it's when people start contacting me out of the blue to try and pry one of my prized Jameis Winston cards out of the vault ...

However, I always say "no", but this time I said yes. I would have been crazy not to considering the amount.

I still feel like I lost one of my best friends though!

I just sold two of my Jameis cards. One that was purchased simply to flip in the future, so that one doesn't hurt at all, especially considering the profit margin. It was this card:

Flawless FRONT_jpeg.jpg

HOWEVER, the card that I sold with the above is the one I already miss badly. I pride myself on being a wise investor and knowing when to buy, when to hold, when to sell, etc., so when the offer came in for the below card (my 4th or 5th best Jameis card depending on how one views his pre-NFL 2012 Upper Deck USA "game worn" flag patch personally signed and inscribed auto 1/1 that holds a lot of sentimental value to my son and I and is the ONLY true "game-worn" rookie card of Jameis), and I rejected it and demanded the above Flawless card be included in the deal and a much higher total price, when my demand was met, I knew I shouldn't pass it up.

The card in question is the one most collectors would consider Winston's fourth best card, or the card that completes his "Mount Rushmore". It is below:
    National Treasures RPA FRONT_jpeg.jpg

The buyer has asked to remain anonymous for the time being, however if and when he ever asks me to give him a shout-out I will be happy to do so as he was a joy to work with, paid via no-hassle bank-wire, and was sent a free copy of the book "Jameis Winston Derangement Syndrome: How the Media Causes Us to Overlook the Start of a Hall of Fame NFL Career" as a thank you for his professionalism.
    @ eBook FRONT Cover.jpg

Those who have sold extremely high-end cards knows the process can be stressful, especially if the payment comes through PayPal, as charge-back and "item not received" type scams are common, so when a buyer is willing to pay via bank-wire which is 100% secure for the seller and relieves all stress, that's always a good thing! This buyer was a joy to work with every step of the way and I wish all collectors/investors were just as professional!

All of the above said ... the "Lucky 13 Collection" is now the "Transcendent 12 Collection" ... but who knows, maybe someone on this site can find the below card for me, I can buy it, and it can become a 13 card collection again?
    Jameis Platinum Shield.jpg

Regardless, we still have the "Holy Trinity" of Jameis Winston cards which we made clear to the buyer and always make clear to everyone, are NOT for sale, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming NFL season which should be a fun one!

LET'S GET READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast