Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Tom Jones of the Tampa Bay Times is calling for the Buccaneers to cut Jameis Winston.

Hahaha, yeah I saw that. Tom Jones has been biased against Jameis from Day 1 and is infamous for writing hit pieces against him … most Bucs fans seem to hate Jones as he started writing hit pieces against Jameis right after he was drafted.

Tom Jones also knows me and while one of his Tampa Bay Times reporter buddies will converse with me, Jones won't engage me in any sort of verbal sparring as he knows I can expose him and use his own words to show what a biased writer he is.

I can respect a writer giving his opinion on any topic, but it bothers me when writers pretend to be objective when everyone knows they are biased … that's dishonest and I don't respect that sort of thing at all.

As for Jones' article itself … it's been widely panned as it's basically a click-bait hit piece with no substance and no actual reporting. He basically pretends that he can write from an omniscient perspective and know all and that just arbitrarily determines that Jameis is always guilty of anything he's merely been accused of … it would be even funnier if it wasn't damaging to a player's reputation, but it is what it is … a silly hit piece.

Now, as for the Bucs cutting Jameis … that would be a shocker but it certainly wouldn't upset his fans all that much as many of them would love to see him playing with an organization that actually know what they're doing, rather than with the hapless Bucs.

If Jameis were to be cut, which I'd put the odds of that happening at around .001%, I think the Jaguars, Broncos, Dolphins and Bengals would get into a bidding war for him … and if he simply plays out these last two years of his contract and becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2020, I could see those four teams, along with teams with old QB, QBs who may retire in the next two years, like the Chargers, Ravens, Steelers, Saints and Giants jumping into the bidding war as well. That's nine teams, eight of which are far better organizations than Tampa … the only exception is Cincinnati as that's a poorly run organization as well.

So … I'm having fun watching this all play out and it wouldn't bother me one bit if Jameis is playing for a new team soon … I doubt that happens, but we'll see.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Honestly, this whole thing is very strange ... even far stranger than the Ezekiel Elliott case.

With Elliott, there was a police report, medical report, 12 witnesses and even video evidence and everyone knew Zeke was going to get suspended the 6 game baseline ... and he was. However, even then, one of the NFL's own investigators determined Zeke shouldn't be suspended, so the case was still a weird one ...

With Jameis there was no police report, no civil case despite an attorney being hired, no medical report, no evidence of any kind, and only one speaking witness and that witness said the accuser was making the whole thing up.

Then, there were reports just a little while ago that said Jameis was unlikely to even receive a one-game suspension.

However, out of nowhere, it was reported by Jeff Cameron that Jameis would get dinged 3 games, not for doing anything illegal, but for merely failing to report that an accusation had been made ... which is very strange.

Then, it's reported that Jameis will be suspended 3 games ... which according to the NFL isn't even possible for the sort of thing he was accused of, which means he did NOT do what he was accused of, as if he had, the "minimum" suspension would be the 6 games Zeke got.

Then it's reported that Jameis agreed not to appeal and that the NFL "settled" with him, which no one seems to understand ... however, to me, that's the easiest thing to explain out of this whole thing, as it seems clear, at least to me, that the "settlement" was merely based on financials ... what I mean by that is the NFL knew they didn't have anything on Jameis at all, but also that they have the power to suspend him a full 6 games even with no evidence, so they told Jameis, "Listen, this whole thing is bad publicity and you know we can suspend you 6 games whether you did anything wrong or not, and even if you appeal, you won't win as no one wins against us, but what we'll do is we will just suspend you 3 games if you don't appeal. Doing this will appease the public and it will also only cost you $124,000 in penalties, but if you appeal and this drags out to next season, it will cost you $3,918,750 thanks to your massive salary next year" ... and Jameis said, "okay, that makes sense and saves me $3,794,750"

Now, today, a report surfaces that an old buddy of Ronald Darby who was partying with Jameis and Darby on the night in question, says that Jameis was alone on one of the multiple Uber rides … however, for one, this friend of Darby's is in jail and not exactly a credible witness, and two, his statement seems to directly contradict the Uber message delivered to Jameis which specifically mentioned "you or someone in the vehicle with you", as such a statement certainly seems to mean that there were at least two, if not more passengers, but certainly not "only" Jameis alone.

Also, today, author & former attorney for victims of sexual crimes, Eboni Williams, stated on Undisputed that there is NO PROOF from a legal standpoint that Jameis did anything wrong at all and that the NFL is suspending him based on "public perception" only!

Ah, the good ole NFL, where "public perception" matters more than proof, truth, or anything else …

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

More on this coming out. The three games is going to stick.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I don't think the Bucs will cut Jameis for this, but the leash is definitely getting shorter. The next mistake he makes could be his last.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

He's gotta start growing up. Tons of potential.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

More on this coming out. The three games is going to stick.

It's been reported that he won't appeal as it's a cheap $124,000 penalty this year, whereas next year it'd be around $3.9mil due to his massive salary increase, so yeah, it should definitely stick.

Don't forget this happened over 2 years ago and nothing has been proven, other than that he partied with a buddy and that buddies friend, after doing charity work at Kurt Warner's camp … the Bucs brass have said Jameis has been an amazing team leader and leader in the community since he was drafted, and with him getting engaged and a baby on the way, it does seem he started growing up right after he left Florida State ...

I don't think the Bucs will cut Jameis for this, but the leash is definitely getting shorter. The next mistake he makes could be his last.

I wouldn't even say the next "mistake" will matter if it's just the same sort of unsubstantiated allegation being considered a "mistake". Plus, as Mark Schlereth said, "If Hannibal Lecter could run a 4.3, his issue (i.e. cannibalism) would be classified by NFL GM's as a mere 'eating disorder'" and Jameis is so talented that as long as he's not in actual legal trouble (as in "convicted" of something), he'll always have a place as a starting QB in the NFL … and seeing as Jameis has never even been arrested, or charged, let alone convicted, of anything, at anytime, in his entire life … I doubt he's worried about his future.

What needs to happen is the NFL Player's Association needs to make sure the next CBA says no player can be suspended unless they have been convicted of something … the NFL can't just keep suspending guys based on unsubstantiated allegations as anyone can be accused of anything, at anytime, by anyone … the NFL should know this as well as anyone as they hired former Falcons LB Brian Banks years after he was arrested, charged, convicted and imprisoned for rape - a rape he never committed, and for which the accuser later admitted she made the whole thing up.

The Player's Union needs a new President and they need to stop giving Roger Goodell god-like powers if they want things to change. No player should ever be suspended over a mere "allegation" … let alone an entirely unsubstantiated one.
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 06-23-2018 at 06:06 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

About damn time...locker room cancer on field knucklehead who doesn’t win and off field tool and waste of a paycheck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

Obviously he won’t....would’ve done it a long time ago

SCF Rewards
    Country

delete

SCF Rewards
    Country

he makes millions doing what the nfl tells him to. this aint childs play. He didnt do this or anything else

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast