Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26333435363738 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Booger memes have been everywhere lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

One of the best moves the Bucs have made in years was bringing in Bruce Arians. If he thinks he can turn Winston into a more consistent QB and cut the turnovers in half than I would take his word for it. He is a proven winner, great track record with quarterbacks and not like he is in the prime of his career. He wants to win and demands more from the QB spot.

It really will come down to who is available in free agency, draft, etc. At worst, I think you put the Non Exclusive Franchise Tag on Winston if no other movement. If someone offers more than the Bucs want to pay and don't want to match, than they would receive two 1st round picks from that team.

I think Winston's best season was his rookie year. Between suspension/injury/benching, Winston only played 13 games in 2017 and 11 games in 2018. The Bucs had no backup to even consider playing this year. If they would have kept Fitzpatrick around, it would have been another year of splitting time between the two.

Few random facts I noticed since Winston has been with the team:

He played complete 16 game seasons in 2015, 2016, and 2019. Those are also his lowest 3 QB rating years at 84.2, 86.1, 84.3. Those rank 28th, 21st, and 26th. His best QB rating years are 2017 and 2018 when he didn't play as much and still ranked 14th and 26th.

Winston only has 5 wins over teams with winning records at the end of the year since being on the team. Year breakdown
    2015-0 2016-3 2017-1 2018-0 2019-1

Fitzpatrick started the first 3 games in 2018 while Winston was suspended and came away with 2 wins alone against winning teams. Also threw for 400+ yards in all of those 3 games.

Back to the years where Winston played complete 16 game seasons in 2015, 2016, and 2019:

Longest amount of games in a row where he didn't turn the ball over 2015-4 2016-1 2019-1
    Longest amount of games in a row where he had at least one turnover 2015-4 2016-5 2019-11 (last 11 games this year)

Win percentage when he throws 40+ a game in career 28.6%

Win percentage when throws 39 or less a game in career 43.1%

2019 season

Pass Attempts (T-1st) 625 Passing TDs (2nd) 33 Passing Yards (1st) 5109

Interceptions (worst) 30 Total Turnovers (worst) 35 Completion % (28th) 60.7% Quarterback Rating (27th) 84.3

Percentage of on-target throws per pass attempt-excluding spikes and throw aways (worst) 69.9%

Winston is consistently inconsistent. If the Bucs keep him around, he either has to cut down on the turnovers or Arians will move on from him.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country

Your last sentence says it best. He is inconsistent. You can’t have that from a NFL QB and expect to succeed unless you have a strong run game and defense which the Bucs don’t have.

Arians’ comments already show his frustration with Winston after this season. Jameis’s post game comments make him look like a moron but that is nothing new due to his other bad decision making in the past. He had 9 more INTs than any other QB. A decent number of QBs didn’t throw 9 all season.

Bucs will probably tag him but they need to either draft a QB or sign a decent backup QB to put pressure on Jameis to perform better.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Man I don't mean to come across as a troll, but I lol'ed at this report:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/12/jameis-winston-undergoes-lasik-surgery-to-repair-vision/

I played high school football with uncorrected vision so I can sympathize. I only had to maul the guy in front of me, not drop dimes all over the field.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country

Man I don't mean to come across as a troll, but I lol'ed at this report:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/12/jameis-winston-undergoes-lasik-surgery-to-repair-vision/

I played high school football with uncorrected vision so I can sympathize. I only had to maul the guy in front of me, not drop dimes all over the field.

So it took him 26 years to realize he couldn't see well? I guess he had never heard of contacts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Growing up a Patriots fan, I was a huge fanboy of a quarterback named Steve Grogan. As a young man of 12 years, I thought he was the greatest quarterback that ever put on a uniform. I'm guessing many of you at this point are wondering who the heck Steve Grogan is........... doesn't matter who he was. If nobody remembers you then you didn't accomplish enough to be remembered. That's the hardreality of the NFL. I guess my point is that in the not too far future, 12 year old boys won't ever remember this guy either. Put up all the "before 25 years old" this and the "youngest" that whateverthefrick tables you want, nobody is going to remember Jameis Winston by the end of this decade. That's how you measure a quarterback.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm guessing many of you at this point are wondering who the heck Steve Grogan is........... doesn't matter who he was.

Anyone who played Tecmo Super Bowl knows EXACTLY who Grogan is!

Steve_Grogan.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

grogan was a tough guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Not official but good chance Tom Brady is going to the Buccaneers. Best of luck to him if this goes through. Whatever happens hopefully Jameis can use this as a growing experience either way. He is a vet and we need to stop making excuses of surrounding cast. If Jameis stays than fine, if he leaves than he is deciding which supporting cast he is walking into either starting or as a backup.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let's play this out. Where does Winston fit in best with teams out there that would plug him in as the started or presumptive starter:

Chicago - There's been a lot of talk that Trubisky is the starter going into 2020 but there would be competition for the job. Bears (shudder) make sense here but with a recent 5yr/$70mm contract handed to Quinn and an inexplicable 2yr/$16mm deal for Jimmy Graham, they probably don't have the cap space. Probability: 4/10

Cincinnati - Doesn't seem like a good spot here with the Bengals appearing to lock in on Joe Burrow. Probability: 0/10

Broncos - Winston's got the size Elway loves but Drew Lock has some decent potential. Probability: 2/10

Jacksonville - If they can figure out a way to trade Foles and eat only part of his contract to do it, keeping Winston in the state of Florida is highly probable. Probability: 6/10

Los Angeles Chargers - they have a vacancy now that Rivers is gone. Tyrod Taylor is on hand with a $7.5mm contract but would save $5mm if cut with $2.5mm in dead money. Probability: 8/10

Miami - Though they have Fitzpatrick in the fold, who wouldn't want to see the 2018 Buccaneers unfold again in Florida? The hilarity factor makes me want this to happen. Probability: 3/10

New England - in the ultimate test to see if it was the player or the coach, Winston heads north to have his game completely broken down and rebuilt by the grand architect of football himself, Bill Belichick. Brady heads south to show that he's more than what he built in NE. Probability: 10/10
    Last edited by jplcom; 03-17-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26333435363738 LastLast