Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 273435363738 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

NE wouldn't pay tom. I don't think they'll pay him.

we'll see. I would think Chargers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Wizards NULL NULL

Brady will do fine in Tampa and Winston would be a great fit with the Seattle Dragons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

So where does winston end up ? Too young to give up on.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Now that he is free to go where he can, where will he end up. Not the Bears!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

You are probably very accurate on where he will end up. Some of those teams are now off the board so options are getting more limited.

What is not working in his favor is the fact that the Bucs would rather bring in Brady in the twilight of his career rather than keep Wintson. You would think that Winston is in the prime of his career and the coaches/front office doesn't think it is worth the investment to keep him. What does that really say about Winston?

I'm thinking Jacksonville or LA. New England would be intriguing but he would have less weapons there than he did in Tampa. Should be interesting to see if he lands as a starter or has to take a role where he has to compete to win the job!

Let's play this out. Where does Winston fit in best with teams out there that would plug him in as the started or presumptive starter:

Chicago - There's been a lot of talk that Trubisky is the starter going into 2020 but there would be competition for the job. Bears (shudder) make sense here but with a recent 5yr/$70mm contract handed to Quinn and an inexplicable 2yr/$16mm deal for Jimmy Graham, they probably don't have the cap space. Probability: 4/10

Cincinnati - Doesn't seem like a good spot here with the Bengals appearing to lock in on Joe Burrow. Probability: 0/10

Broncos - Winston's got the size Elway loves but Drew Lock has some decent potential. Probability: 2/10

Jacksonville - If they can figure out a way to trade Foles and eat only part of his contract to do it, keeping Winston in the state of Florida is highly probable. Probability: 6/10

Los Angeles Chargers - they have a vacancy now that Rivers is gone. Tyrod Taylor is on hand with a $7.5mm contract but would save $5mm if cut with $2.5mm in dead money. Probability: 8/10

Miami - Though they have Fitzpatrick in the fold, who wouldn't want to see the 2018 Buccaneers unfold again in Florida? The hilarity factor makes me want this to happen. Probability: 3/10

New England - in the ultimate test to see if it was the player or the coach, Winston heads north to have his game completely broken down and rebuilt by the grand architect of football himself, Bill Belichick. Brady heads south to show that he's more than what he built in NE. Probability: 10/10

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

You are probably very accurate on where he will end up. Some of those teams are now off the board so options are getting more limited.

What is not working in his favor is the fact that the Bucs would rather bring in Brady in the twilight of his career rather than keep Wintson. You would think that Winston is in the prime of his career and the coaches/front office doesn't think it is worth the investment to keep him. What does that really say about Winston?

I'm thinking Jacksonville or LA. New England would be intriguing but he would have less weapons there than he did in Tampa. Should be interesting to see if he lands as a starter or has to take a role where he has to compete to win the job!

For sure, and now with the Foles trade to Chicago, the Bears are off the board and Jacksonville goes up a notch. I think he can fit in best with the Patriots provided he can survive the Belichick meat grinder. He hates lack of execution and mistakes. If the narrative that Winston has been hampered with bad coaching, bad running game, bad defense, and lack of media support is true, then he'll step into NE do what he did last year with only a 1/3rd of the INTs and fumbles.

I've read some folks saying Tampa Bay never knows what to do with excellent talent at QB, letting Doug Williams and Steve Young walk. Heck, throw Trent Dilfer into that group, since he did the very thing Tom Brady never did.... beat the Giants in a Super Bowl :). Anyways, I would counter by saying the Buccaneers of the 1980s and today have 0 in common aside from the team name. Different coaches, GMs, and ownership. What happened then has nothing to do with today.

My top three teams I think he'll go to:

1. New England
    2. Los Angeles Chargers
    3. Jacksonville
    wild card - Miami

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

He should be a starting QB somewhere but he may end up having to begin in a backup role.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Cam Newton is reportedly getting released today from the Panthers. You will have three former #1 picks on the market with Winston, Newton and Clowney.

Winston will land with a team. It will come down to financials, possibly taking up backup role for a year and also team needs/wants. Bears traded for Foles which took them out. Patriots really don't have that much cap room. A number of teams have young QBs and want to see what they do with year 2 or 3. You have to see if you can develop a QB if you draft them early and have them under a reasonable cap number for a few years first. No point in bringing in Winston to a situation where you aren't expecting to win anyways when you can just pay a cheap starter instead.

I have said many times if Winston can cut the turnovers down he will be a top 10 QB. Just still seeing the what if after 5 years starting in the league. My take is he has statistically been one of the worst turnover prone QBs when he plays a 16 game schedule which he has in 2015, 2016, and 2019. The Bucs literally let Fitzpatrick walk and Arians wanted to see what Winston had in the tank. If Fitzpatrick or even a halfway decent backup was available last year Winston would have been benched. Throw out the 5k passing yards, 30+ TD, 30+ INT would not have happened if Fitzpatrick or someone with experience would have been on the roster.

There will be free agency, draft, etc for the Buccaneers just like the rest of the league. The Brady move will help the team financially and also team wise if he can stay healthy. The Bucs went 7-9 with a QB that turned the ball over 35 times last year. Arians and Brady are short term moves but moves that will take this franchise to respectability again. Majority of the roster will be the same from last year to the one coming up. The author of this thread has come up with numerous reasons of why Jameis hasn't had success. Franchise QBs are hard to find and watch this team blossom under real leadership.Gotta love the one request that Brady had when signing with the Bucs. He just wanted the phone numbers of all of his teammates.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Bruce Arians was on the radio with Rich Eisen and had this to say (emphasis mine):

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Arians
    I’ve called a couple teams,” Arians told Rich Eisen. “You’re going to get one of the hardest workers you’ve ever had and a great young man. It didn’t work out for us only because Tom Brady was available and we had Teddy Bridgewater if that wouldn’t have worked out. We were going full steam ahead back with Jameis. He’s a great young man and no one is going to outwork him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ameis-winston/

I guess nothing like being the third option behind short-timer Brady or.... let me see if I read this right..... Teddy Bridgewater? I don't think Arians is looking to coach the next ten years so Brady makes sense but Bridgewater over THE most statistically accomplished quarterback of all-time by the age of 25? It's not like Joe Burrow can top what Winston has done, he'd need to average over 6,500 yards a season and over 40 TDs a season by age 25! Tagovailoa, Herbert, Eason, Fromm, Hurts? They'd all have to somehow average over 4,900 yards passing and 30 TDs a season. Arians might be turning into a "Florida Man" before our very eyes!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I have all the respect in the world for Brees.......hope he can recover soon

Looks like it is a crazy 2020 and Winston or Winston/Hill combo get to take over the reins for a bit

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 273435363738 LastLast