Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Before the season started, I predicted the Raiders and Cowboys would both miss the playoffs ... however I also thought the Titans and for sure the Seahawks would make the playoffs ... and both Tennessee and Seattle may miss out too ... crazy year

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

It's been an insane year for sure, I think we need a new offensive coordinator at a minimum as we are way to predictable. Way to much talent on our team to be playing the way we have been playing, yes for the most part we aren't getting beaten up on anymore which is nice but we have to finish games which is something we still aren't doing on a consistent basis.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's been an insane year for sure, I think we need a new offensive coordinator at a minimum as we are way to predictable. Way to much talent on our team to be playing the way we have been playing, yes for the most part we aren't getting beaten up on anymore which is nice but we have to finish games which is something we still aren't doing on a consistent basis.

Are you sold on Mariota? I've got some Titans fans that converse with me on Twitter and some seem to think the team should draft a new QB (which I think would be dumb as you're not going to get someone as talented as Marcus with a pick near #20 in the draft) and others seem to think the team should make a play for Kirk Cousins and maybe trade Mariota to a team like the Cardinals for a 1st round pick.

What are your thoughts on the above?

Personally I think Mariota can be a solid starter for years to come BUT if they really could get Cousins for nothing but money and pick up a 1st round pick for Mariota and maybe get a stud defender, that may actually improve the team ... it's a tough call.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Mariota has taken a step back this year for sure but he has been battling injuries. He's the type of player that has to have his legs to make him a good QB (unlike Winston). If Mariota loses that ability he won't be nearly as effective and it has shown.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mariota has taken a step back this year for sure but he has been battling injuries. He's the type of player that has to have his legs to make him a good QB (unlike Winston). If Mariota loses that ability he won't be nearly as effective and it has shown.

If what you say is true, than isn't that a major problem and a reason that perhaps the Titans should be looking to sign a guy like Cousins. A QB should be able to play good football even with a dinged hamstring ... QBs play through that all the time with no ill effects to their passing numbers. You make it sound like Mariota is basically a running back playing QB and if that is the case, I would think that is a major problem that needs to be remedied, no?

I watched a lot of Lamar Jackson's collegiate games over the past 3 years and while the kid is an athletic dynamo and a joy to watch ... he's not even close to being ready to throw 30 times a game in the NFL as he's basically a running back playing QB that has insane arm strength ... with Mariota I always sort of had the same feeling, except that I thought he was polished enough to be "efficient" and not make too many mistakes if he had a good O-line and running game in front of him ... but this year has been an unmitigated disaster and some of my Titans-fans buddies seriously seem to want him traded and a "real QB" like Cousins to be signed.

What do YOU think about the idea? I know you support Mariota and so do I as I still think he can be an efficient, game-manager for years to come ... but, if the Titans could sign Cousins and trade Mariota for a 1st round pick (and maybe more, such as a 1st and 3rd), would YOU do it if you were the Titans GM?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country

Not sure the Titans would be willing to pay that much for Cousins. I don't think they should give up on Mariota just yet, just like the Bucs aren't going to give up on Winston. But Mariota needs to do a better job of staying healthy and limiting turnovers. Mariota was much more prepared for the NFL than Lamar Jackson IMO. But all things being equal I would take Cousins over Mariota at this point.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not sure the Titans would be willing to pay that much for Cousins.

Why not? Mariota will cost almost as much if they extend him?

I don't think they should give up on Mariota just yet, just like the Bucs aren't going to give up on Winston.

There's no comparison between the two ... Mariota was one of the 5 worst QBs in the entire league all year ... Jameis has a higher completion percentage AND passer rating than MVP candidate Russell Wilson, despite playing much of the year with a jacked throwing shoulder ... Jameis is also #1 in the entire NFL over the past 4 games in passer rating. Comparing Mariota to Jameis this year is like comparing Blake Bortles to Aaron Rodgers ... in fact, I think there is a wider disparity between Jameis' passer rating and Mariota's than there is between Rodgers and Bortles this year!

Also, don't get me wrong ... I was NOT saying the Titans should just cut Mariota or dump him for next to nothing ... I was saying it may make sense to sign Cousins *if* they could also get a solid first round pick and maybe another later draft pick for Mariota as having Cousins and two more solid players rather than Mariota alone could definitely make the Titans a better "team", no?

But Mariota needs to do a better job of staying healthy and limiting turnovers.

I don't worry about turnovers with Mariota going forward ... he proved in his first 2 years he can be very efficient ... I just worry that he'll never be the type of QB that can "carry an offense" and that he'll always be a mere game-manager.

Mariota was much more prepared for the NFL than Lamar Jackson IMO.

Why do you say that? They both had three years of experience with a good coach, both won a Heisman, both ran gimmicky, non-NFL offenses ... but Jackson has far more athleticism and way, way, way more arm talent than Mariota had ...

But all things being equal I would take Cousins over Mariota at this point.

Exactly and that's why it may make more sense to sign Cousins and trade Mariota for a sizeable package of draft picks, no?

SCF Rewards
    Country

The Raiders were the biggest shocker to me this year, On paper they seemed to be better on D and their offense should have been top tier this year none of those things ever materialized though, not sure what the problem is in Oakland.

The Raiders were wrecked by the kneeling protests more than any other team in football if you believe the rumors
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Titans won as I predicted ... and will lose to the Jags next week in the playoffs imho ... unless the Ravens lose to the Bengals, in which case the Titans will be the #5 seed and go to Kansas City ... and get destroyed imho ... and the BILLS will be the #6 seed and go to Jacksonville, who they could beat which would mean they would play the Patriots in the 2nd round ... and get demolished imho

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country

AFC is weak! Glad the Titans got in though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast