Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators Memphis Grizzlies
    See danielsteinmann11's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Yeah I was happy to see us win last night all though it worked my nerves. I would say Mariota wasn't great in the first half but horrible I wouldn't say that either, Decker dropped yet another easy ball, the protection wasn't there at the beginning as Mariota got rocked a few times, also I don't think him and Davis have any real chemistry as of yet as he doesn't seem to know when the ball is coming his way. I hope that changes, the int was partly on davis as well because he was supposed to pull his defender which he did not, although Marcus should have not thrown that ball in my opinion but yeah in the second half he went nuts, I still think he can be a passing qb but everyone has their own opinion, I think when that offense gets on the same page they can be a really scary team as for next week's match-up either way is going to be rough and to have a chance we are going to have to be solid on both sides of the ball, I don't think you pull of an epic come back like last night against those 2 teams personally.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ I agree that it's hard to see the Titans coming back from an 18 point deficit to the Patriots ... they're going to need to dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball to win that game ... Jax will have to do the same to beat the Steelers.

But, as for QB play ... did you watch that Jags v Bills game ... was that the WORST combined QB play in NFL playoff history? It was just terrible and I've got a feeling the Jags will give Kirk Cousins a blank check this offseason ... he may turn them down, but if that Jags team had a legit star QB they would be amazing. And the Bills ... they played tough but they need a real QB as well!

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force

Oh yeah I seen that disaster of a game, The Bills D gave them several shots in the first half and even a few in the second half and the offense just blew it. Taylor looked terrible as did Bortles, Bortles did just enough with his feet to give them the edge if they play like this next week they are done even with their great D. I think either team could use Cousins as they both need a real quality QB. Bortles was possessed for a few games this season but this past game he was the same old Bortles we know. If the Titans can establish the run this Saturday and play lights out D then I think we have a shot but if we come out slow again on offense the Patriots will take it to us. I have noticed that my Titans really seem to struggle against TE's so Gronk is going to be a problem, Cooks is good as well but other than that their offensive weapons don't scare me at all except for Brady. Their running game isn't very good imo, and I believe we can shut them down there but hey crazier things have happened, I would love for us to get past them but it will remain to be seen which Titans team shows up.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Congrats on a solid season Titans fans ... you have a very good team with a quality O-Line, great running game, quality run-stopping D, quality pass-stopping D, great special teams and a bevy of talented receivers ... and Mariota should only continue to improve ... but ... I still sort of think if the Titans could sign Cousins or Garoppolo and then get a first and second and third round pick for Mariota they should consider it, as if you add a gunslinger QB to that team AND three quality draft picks, they could dominate the AFC South for years to come ... as-is, doing so could be tough as Jacksonville doesn't appear to be going anywhere and Luck and Watson give the Colts and Texans superior QBs and a shot to win ... if they can stay healthy.

Regardless, the Titans had a good year and even getting spanked by the Patriots can be a great learning experience for them, so congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Congrats on a solid season Titans fans ... you have a very good team with a quality O-Line, great running game, quality run-stopping D, quality pass-stopping D, great special teams and a bevy of talented receivers ... and Mariota should only continue to improve ... but ... I still sort of think if the Titans could sign Cousins or Garoppolo and then get a first and second and third round pick for Mariota they should consider it, as if you add a gunslinger QB to that team AND three quality draft picks, they could dominate the AFC South for years to come ... as-is, doing so could be tough as Jacksonville doesn't appear to be going anywhere and Luck and Watson give the Colts and Texans superior QBs and a shot to win ... if they can stay healthy.

Regardless, the Titans had a good year and even getting spanked by the Patriots can be a great learning experience for them, so congrats!

I feel like the Jags need a QB more than the Titans. I'd rather have Mariota than Bortles, wouldn't you? A solid QB on that Jags team would be tough to beat.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I feel like the Jags need a QB more than the Titans. I'd rather have Mariota than Bortles, wouldn't you? A solid QB on that Jags team would be tough to beat.

Yes, I would rather have Mariota than Bortles ... but that isn't saying much as I'd also rather have Case Keenum than Bortles.

In fairness to Marcus, I do think the Jags would be a much better team with him as there QB than Bortles. I don't think there's a major gap in talent between Marcus and Blake but I feel Marcus is a better leader, more accurate and just has a better command of things when he plays ... he's also younger than Bortles so I'd ride with Marcus if I had to chose between the two.

In fact, as I've said many times, I believe Marcus can have a great career as long as he is put in a position to succeed and always plays within his limitations ... he doesn't seem to have an ego of any kind, so I don't see him melting down or failing due to not working hard enough ... to me, if he fails and turns into a "bust" that will be on the organization more so than him, as he has the talent to have a very good career if he's supported the right way ... I still love the kid!

As for Blake, I've never been a fan but I will say that I at least gained some respect for him this year, seeing him perform better than he did last year while basically taking a verbal beating from the entire league ... that's not easy to do and most players will never experience the sort of stuff Bortles has dealt with this year ... I can't even remember more than a few other QBs throughout history that were basically despised and mocked by the entire league ... TeBow's the last one and the kid isn't even in the league anymore, so Bortles at least deserves some credit for having thick skin ... but as for being a professional QB ... I think he should be a backup.

I also think the Jags would be insane not to throw $$$$$ at Cousins and Garoppolo as there defense is built to win a ring NOW but they are being held back by poor QB play.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it depends on where they head. Mariota would have been the clear winner a few years ago but the guy (along with a bunch of other young NFL QBs) has taken his game backwards instead of forwards. So I guess it depends on what Mariota is going to be in the future. Remember Vince Young won the Rookie of the Year award and there were some guys on here proclaiming him the future of the NFL and look what happened to him.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force

@pwaldo - Vince Young had the talent and the ability but lacked maturity, it also didn't help that Jeff Fisher never wanted him to begin with and had no faith in him at all, I think the Titans organization ruined his career personally, I think the guy could have been really good, he was certainly a winner, it wasn't always pretty but he did get it done.

@Jameis1of1 - I will say while he hasn't performed to what I would consider a high standard in the Playoffs, I will say Bortles has come through when they really needed him to make a play. I do think he has some of the tools of a starter but I think some of his stuff may be a mental block so to speak. Fournette has been clutch as well. Like I said I would never root for the Jags but there are certainly players on the team that I do like. I like Ramsey, Fournette, Yeldon yup I said it lol, I think he is a bit underrated, I also like Myles Jack as well. I don't care for Marcell D. though he can go somewhere lol. We got blown out but I am happy Marcus didn't turn the ball over despite being sacked 8 times and having almost no protection and he still did make some plays and did throw some really pretty intermediate to deep balls, he a couple of nice runs to.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@pwaldo - Vince Young had the talent and the ability but lacked maturity, it also didn't help that Jeff Fisher never wanted him to begin with and had no faith in him at all, I think the Titans organization ruined his career personally, I think the guy could have been really good, he was certainly a winner, it wasn't always pretty but he did get it done.

I have to disagree here ... Vince Young NEVER had elite arm talent. He had very good athleticism but he never even had close to elite arm talent and that's the most important thing for a QB ... Mariota is a lot like Young as Marcus doesn't have elite arm talent either but I think he has a better chance to work out for the Titans just due to his character and accuracy (not great but much better than Vince Young).

@Jameis1of1 - I will say while he hasn't performed to what I would consider a high standard in the Playoffs, I will say Bortles has come through when they really needed him to make a play. I do think he has some of the tools of a starter but I think some of his stuff may be a mental block so to speak. Fournette has been clutch as well. Like I said I would never root for the Jags but there are certainly players on the team that I do like. I like Ramsey, Fournette, Yeldon yup I said it lol, I think he is a bit underrated, I also like Myles Jack as well. I don't care for Marcell D. though he can go somewhere lol. We got blown out but I am happy Marcus didn't turn the ball over despite being sacked 8 times and having almost no protection and he still did make some plays and did throw some really pretty intermediate to deep balls, he a couple of nice runs to.

It sounds like you're higher on Bortles than I am ... to me, he's a backup ... that doesn't mean he can't win a ring though as he's every bit as good as Dilfer and Brad Johnson were when they won rings and BETTER than Jeff Hostettler was when he won a ring ... but the Jags are all about the defense and ground-game no doubt.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Titans fans,

It looks like you'll get your wish and see what happens with Mariota with a new head coach? Are you excited?

To me, the whole thing is very strange as the recent reports were that the Titans brass offered Mularkey an extension ... and now it comes out that he just refused to coach the team and is walking.

All I can think is that the Titans GM is caving in to fans who think the team should "air it out" more. I picture the conversation like this:

Titans GM: Mike, we offered you an extension as you won 19 games the last two years and led us to the playoffs for the first time in 10 years this season.

Mike Mularkey: I did do great, didn't I?

Titans GM: Yes, but, our fans and I think you need to air it out a bit more and we'd like you to bring in a new coordinator to accomplish that, okay?

Mularkey: What? You've got to be kidding me! Mariota is the second WORST QB in the entire NFL in passer rating when he throws anything other than a play-action pass. However he's #1 in the entire NFL out of the play-action and you want to have a QB like that "air it out" more? Are you insane? I, not you, took a team with a QB like that to 10 wins and the second round of the playoffs this year. I, not you, know what I'm doing.

Titans GM: I understand all that but our fans want to see more throwing and more points being scored and our fans are who we are trying to please Mike.

Mularkey: Let me be real clear about this. If you don't let me coach this football team the way I feel it needs to be coached to actually win games, rather than just please the fans, I don't want the extension and I don't even want to coach next year, I'll resign.

Titans GM: I'm sorry you feel that way Mike and I wish you all the best.

Mularkey: Have fun missing the playoffs for the next decade like you did before I got you there this year. Bye.

So ... this whole situation seems strange ... but hey, if they can bring in an offensive genius like Josh McDaniels, maybe it will all work out for the Titans ... what do YOU think?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast