Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Need advice on a sell

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Need advice on a sell

I have a Gordie Howe Parkhurst 06-07 Auto on ebay for $200 or BO. Today Someone BINs for $200 which sets off red flags. Here's the kicker: Its a brand new ebay user with zero feedback from Canada, NB to be specific. I would love to get $200 for it but I feel as though there are just too many red flags. If he was from the US I could protect myself, but I really have no means to protect myself to Canada.

I'm thinking about just cancelling the order as
    I'm not really in the mood get my Gordie stolen.
    What would you guys do?
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I frequently have people simply click the BIN instead of making an offer. I think people don't know how the offer system works and don't want to mess with it - especially new Ebayers.
    With that said, if you're not comfortable with the sale then cancel it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You got 3 options:

1 - Sell for $200 and make them pay for full cost of shipping, tracking, signature confirmation

2 - Sell for $200, ship how you normally would and take the risk

3 - Cancel the auction

Id personally try #1 1st, explain the situation and if they really want it they will stilll pay. Like you said, $200 is more than fair for that card, so maybe give them a little bit of a shipping discount but still put all the bells and whistles on it. If the person doesnt not want to skip to #3
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes it could very well be a new user not understanding BO. Canucksfan007 you are correct and I think I will go ahead and take your advice and contact the buyer about proper shipping.

What would I need to do to fully protect myself? Do I need a signature?
    @Maggot I always get confused on how I need to ship to Canada to be fully protected. How do you ship out high end items to Canada? Can I even get a signature on items to Canada?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Agree with Canucksfan

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Paypal transactions for less than $250 do not require signature confirmation.
    Since it's a $200 item I would recommend a Small Priority Mail Flat Rate Box which will get it there a day or two faster. These cost $20 if I remember correctly. USPS tracks it until it get to the border, then you can input that tracking number into CanadaPost to track it.

Other than that, bag the card and fill that box with bubble wrap.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alright cool Thank You guys for your input

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Best of luck in your deal. Let us know how it transpires.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Ebay doesn't take too kindly to sellers who cancel a transaction for no good reason. Now I, and many on here, may agree with your assessment that this is a little fishy, but as far as ebay is concerned the buyer paid, you now have to ship. Not sure how insurance works for the USPS, but I would certainly insure the heck out of it.