Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to this scene

New to this scene

Hello, and thanks for having me. As my username suggests, I just starting out in this hobby. I have a soon-to-be two year-old son and I'm hoping to start not only a collection for him, but a hobby he can enjoy and we can do together as he grows up.
    I've spent too much time the last couple weeks researching ttm techniques, watching youtube how-to videos, and checking lists to see what players have the highest success rate. I'm hoping to do just players I/we are fans of (Phillies fan here). I'm going to start by sending a 2017 All-Star Futures game ball to Rhys Hoskins in Clearwater and hope to catch him during Spring Training and before he becomes too big to sign (I've read on here that it seems Aaron Nola has already stopped signing ttm).
    May send a HOF ball to Mike Schmidt, as I see he has a pretty high success rate. My success early on will probably dictate how involved I become. If I luck out and am very successful, I imagine this is a hobby that will become an addiction and soon I'll be sending to every Tom,Dick and Harry that will sign a scrap of paper.
    I'm also in South Florida, spitting distance from where Houston, Washington, Miami, and St. Louis have Spring Training, so I may go out this year and try to get some in person stuff.
    Anyway, that's me and why I'm here in a nutshell. Thanks again for having me.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Welcome to SCF and TTM is very big on here and good luck with your signings.
    Football: Emmitt Smith and Saquon Barkley!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

JustStartingOut- Welcome to SCF!
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Best of luck in building a collection for you and son. Hopefully, he will enjoy the hobby with you. Let us know how the TTM fare.

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Welcome to the site and good luck!
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Thanks for the welcome, boys. Sent my first ttm today, a 2017 MLB All-Star ball to Pat Neshek. Fingers crossed.

Welcome to the hobby & SCF! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Have fun!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Welcome to SCF Edward, hope you and your son enjoy yourself here!

Thanks for joining SCF - I appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Scott
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    Shipping done on Saturdays for all Addresses
    ---
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

Fellow Phillies fan here, Welcome to the Forum and let me know if you have any questions! Id be happy to share my successes with the Phils

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast