Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (23)
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings San Diego Chargers Anaheim Angels
    See TwoBrosCards's Items on eBay Kronozio

I believe there is a charge for "toploader removal" if you ship the cards in a toploader. I have only submitted a few batches myself, but all have been just penny sleeves. I think they charge an extra $0.05 if they have to remove the toploader.

I have also seen some folks look at it from a different perspective. They look at their profits by the batch and then adjust remaining cards selling price once the "batch" has met their submission fees. For instance, say you submit a batch of 200 cards. Loading costs you $60 and then whatever you pay for shipping, let's say $5 so a total of $65 for the 200 cards. So once you sell enough cards from that particular batch to equal $65, then anything else sold is total "profit". So just a different way to look at things instead of looking at each individual cards and factoring fee's and such.

What about base cards? I've noticed there seem to be a lot of base cards listed, and pulling up the sale history it seems* that people are actually buying them at near $1/card.

The downside I imagine is the cost to ship a ton of base cards to comc.

Also what's the best way to ship low to mid end cards to them? All in penny sleeves and save your toploaders? Any other ideas?

Last edited by TwoBrosCards; 01-25-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What about base cards? I've noticed there seem to be a lot of base cards listed, and pulling up the sale history it seems* that people are actually buying them at near $1/card.

The downside I imagine is the cost to ship a ton of base cards to comc.

Also what's the best way to ship low to mid end cards to them? All in penny sleeves and save your toploaders? Any other ideas?

They used to charge extra for top loader removal (but not penny sleeves). I don't think that's the case anymore... but instead of a 25 cent fee being applied at the time of sale, it's 45 cents.

Stuff I send them - I just use penny sleeves.

Country

Hi Guys, don't mean to tread jack but I have like 30,000 year - 1990+ cards that are falling all over me in my little hobby room.
    I want to get rid of them all and just collect older vintage cards.
    I am Canadian but live on the boarder and can ship out cards from the US.

I'm trying to figure out as what BV Value is it worth it to send the card to COMC, should I send anything that is selling for $1+? Meaning I should toss the 1990 pro-set cards in the fire (They are a good fire starter lol).

Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Hi Guys, don't mean to tread jack but I have like 30,000 year - 1990+ cards that are falling all over me in my little hobby room.

I'm trying to figure out as what BV Value is it worth it to send the card to COMC, should I send anything that is selling for $1+? Meaning I should toss the 1990 pro-set cards in the fire (They are a good fire starter lol).

Thanks!

You can make piles of the common stuff, put them in team bags and give them to kids on Halloween night :)
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

1990 Pro Set cards - it's funny.

For COMC, I might be tempted to send in cards of the following players: Gretzky, Lemieux, Roy, Federov, Jagr, Belfour, maybe someone else I'm forgetting (rookie) but that's about it.

However, it depends on how much time you want to spend on it. There are some rare (and can be valuable) printing variations in there. If you've got the Paul Gillies card that shows him with a bloddy nose - it was selling for $300+ a while back. Not sure if you'd actually get that now... but maybe?

Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Air Force
    Carolina Hurricanes
    See ejsr212715's Items on eBay

Great thread guys. Lots of awesome information here. Thanks so much. COMC is a sweet site to purchase on. Always wondered how it worked to be a seller on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12