Thread: SPX Checklist

SPX Checklist

Anyone else think it's a little ridiculous that the Stanley Cup Final team from last year has a single card in the product? And the ducks only get 3 cards? It seems silly that the focus on rookies is so strong that they can't field even 10 cards from each team.

2. Find Hockey Cards on Kronozio!!
    Given the price point of SPx this year, I don't think *too many* people will complain about the absence of Ducks cards given the players' generally low level of resale value. Obviously if you're a fan of the team, yes that stinks....but it's SPx. There's still a ton of other, better, products out there to compete for hobby dollars.

I will agree with you that there should be more Predators content. Whether it's Subban, Rinne, Forsberg, etc., there's a few guys there who have strong followings and get good resale value.

It's dollars and cents, though. My LCS owner was looking at some of what's been proposed for some of the higher-end sets like Splendor and his sentiment is probably echoed by many high-end breakers when he says, "For that price point I don't want to see any Carolina Hurricanes in the product." And that's not a knock on the team or its players, but a reflection of the lack of market for those cards. If you're shelling out huge bucks for a one-card-per-pack product, it's a major kick in the groin to open that up and hit a card that you know isn't going to get you even 20% of what you paid for it.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

I ended up getting the whole base set of SPX (minus a few Shadowbox), off comc for less than you would pay for a box!!!

I love the cards! Beautiful year!!!