Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Member/One Time Avid Collector

Hello. I am a one time avid collector that took a break from the hobby a number of years ago. My collection is mostly comprised of baseball, football, hockey and basketball cards from the 1970s through the late 1990s, but I do have some from the 2000s as well. I also have some oddball items, non-sports cards and autographs I've collected over the years.

I am in the process of organizing and re-cataloging my collection after I lost the information in my Card Collector database software. I joined Trading Card Database to start documenting my collection and get an idea of what I have. In the past, I was never an active trader, but the concept appeals to me. I've also never took part in a box break, but I like the idea of that too. I am looking to focus my trading habits a bit more than I used to when I was buying up boxes of anything that I could afford or appealed to me. I'm a lifetime Mets and Giants fan, but also an avid sports fan that appreciates the historical perspective of sports.

I plan on deep diving and getting to know this site to see how I can use it to my benefit. Any expert tips or suggestions would be much appreciated. I look forward to being part of this community.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Welcome to the site @Carltopia! Hoepfully you've enjoyed your time here so far.

Rather than Trading Card Database, have you considered checking out the SCF Inventory Manager? I've been using it to host my tradelist for years and wouldn't even consider using any other host/format. It takes a little bit of playing around to figure out all the features, but once you've got the basics down it's very easy to use. The various filter options make browsing/searching very efficient as well.
    Hidden Content -- Twitter @BackyardRink
    TRADING FOR: Various singles & set needs
    Jarome Iginla Autographs
    Senators (NHL/AHL) Autographs

Dave. I noticed that there was an inventory manager, but hadn't had a chance to check it out yet. Thought it might be only for the business that were on here, but I will check it out. If I am planning on trading here, it definitely makes sense that I catalog my collection here. Thanks!

@Carltopia it's definitely worth taking a look :)

Here's mine, if you'd like to check it out. I've got it sorted into albums (an optional feature) for each seperate sport and for my different PC's as well. There's a list of filter options on the left, with additional options available after you select a sport.

http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inventory/DaveS

There's some tutorials posted here as well, to help get you started:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...Site-Tutorials

...and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
    Hidden Content -- Twitter @BackyardRink
    TRADING FOR: Various singles & set needs
    Jarome Iginla Autographs
    Senators (NHL/AHL) Autographs

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
    @Carltopia it's definitely worth taking a look :)

Here's mine, if you'd like to check it out. I've got it sorted into albums (an optional feature) for each seperate sport and for my different PC's as well. There's a list of filter options on the left, with additional options available after you select a sport.

http://opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inventory/DaveS

There's some tutorials posted here as well, to help get you started:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...Site-Tutorials

...and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
    Excellent. Thanks. I will take a look at the tutorials so I can figure out all of the acronyms and what the difference is between a personal collection and other types of lists.

Sent from my iPhone using Sports Card Forum mobile app

I use the Inventory Manager a lot to load my PCs and it is good.
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Jay Ajayi, Brandin Cooks and Marcus Mariota!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

Welcome to SCF, I forgot to add that to the last post!
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Jay Ajayi, Brandin Cooks and Marcus Mariota!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

Carltopia- Welcome to SCF!
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Welcome to SCF! Sounds like you have a nice collection already!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Welcome to SCF Carl, enjoy yourself here and have fun adding to your collection!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast