Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member - Football Nut

New Member - Football Nut

Collected baseball cards as a kid in the 80s/90s. Last year I got hooked again digging through all my old junk wax.

I知 not a baseball fan anymore thanks to the Marlins winning titles then trading away their entire roster every few years.

I love football though. Gator alum and fan. Dolphins fan and season ticket holder during the Marino era (been sad since then).

I play in many fantasy football leagues including dynasty leagues with deep rosters and IDP.

I never understood the new era of card collecting as so much seems to have changed in 20 years. My love of football got me thinking I should give the new stuff a shot. The YouTube videos of busting boxes are great, so I did a few group breaks and that got me hooked. I just love the thrill of busting packs and hoping for something good. Next thing i know I知 3 or 4 orders deep from Dave and Adams and ripping new football wax like a mad man.

I致e never traded or sold online but at some point I知 pretty sure that will be my next step. I figured this was a good place to start.

I知 34, married, no kids. I work in real estate private equity in the NYC/NJ area. I知 an adult that leads a large team in the office and then I go home and play my fantasy football, games, and cards at home. Kinda funny actually.

Thanks to everybody on here who is active and bringing lots of great info to the community. I知 looking forward to this.

Welcome to SCF and welcome back to the hobby.
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Jay Ajayi and Saquon Barkley!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Harmon Killebrew, Graig Nettles, Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres and Derek Jeter!

Hidden Content

Welcome to SCF! Being 34 wasn't a child during the Marino era?
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Stanton, Kemp, Pujols, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Joey Votto, Griffey Jr, Craig Biggio, Bagwell, Helton, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV & I only ship within the United States.
    Cards FT/FS~Hidden Content
    Scans/Pix~ Hidden Content

Yes. I was a kid and had season tickets with my dad and a group of friends dads who were season ticket holders for many years. I didn稚 miss a single home game from middle school through high school.

My pops was actually a fire chief and worked some of the games back then. I got to go to his office in the player tunnel after the games and met most of my idols at the time. Zach Thomas, JT, and Marino himself the night after he broke the all time passing TD record (since been broken).

Welcome to SCF!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

ufshowboat- Welcome to SCF!
    Always looking for Graded Vintage (Pre-1980)

Quote Originally Posted by ufshowboat View Post
    Collected baseball cards as a kid in the 80s/90s. Last year I got hooked again digging through all my old junk wax.

I知 not a baseball fan anymore thanks to the Marlins winning titles then trading away their entire roster every few years.

I love football though. Gator alum and fan. Dolphins fan and season ticket holder during the Marino era (been sad since then).

I play in many fantasy football leagues including dynasty leagues with deep rosters and IDP.

I never understood the new era of card collecting as so much seems to have changed in 20 years. My love of football got me thinking I should give the new stuff a shot. The YouTube videos of busting boxes are great, so I did a few group breaks and that got me hooked. I just love the thrill of busting packs and hoping for something good. Next thing i know I知 3 or 4 orders deep from Dave and Adams and ripping new football wax like a mad man.

I致e never traded or sold online but at some point I知 pretty sure that will be my next step. I figured this was a good place to start.

I知 34, married, no kids. I work in real estate private equity in the NYC/NJ area. I知 an adult that leads a large team in the office and then I go home and play my fantasy football, games, and cards at home. Kinda funny actually.

Thanks to everybody on here who is active and bringing lots of great info to the community. I知 looking forward to this.
    Welcome!!

It's funny, about 3 months ago I got back into it too! Primarily football also, as I've found it a great way to bond with my younger nephew...as well as the video game thing... My fiance got me an Xbox one a year ago to play Madden with my nephew.

I swear if you're ever in Western NY, stop by Dave and Adams, we were in Buffalo for a sabres game this past weekend, and stopped in there before heading home to Albany... speechless!! Am amazing place!

Have fun, and best of luck!!!

Chris

Sent from my Pixel XL using Sports Card Forum mobile app

Welcome to SCF Have some great mermories being a UT fan from going to the swamp not many wins on our part but always a good time. Need anything just ask alot of great members here
    Hidden Content

Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.

Quote Originally Posted by camsue View Post
    Welcome to SCF Have some great mermories being a UT fan from going to the swamp not many wins on our part but always a good time. Need anything just ask alot of great members here
    The UT games in the swamp were some of the loudest games I can remember. Even with many years of experiencing AFC east matchups at Joe Robbie... nothing compares to those SEC east games in the swamp.... so loud you can稚 think straight... goosebumps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast