Thread: Question About Breaks

Question About Breaks

I recently did my first box break. It was a low price point break. This particular break didn't ship every card for the teams that you had drawn randomly. It only shipped the hits. When I purchased into the break, I didn't understand that it shipped only those cards. I thought that it meant that it shipped everything plus those cards. Rookie mistake. Lesson learned. I was not upset by this at all.

Anyway, is this commonplace with box/case breaks? I get that it takes time to sort and package base cards accordingly and that it increases shipping costs, but was just wondering what the general experience of the forums users has been with the various breakers they use. In defense of the breaker, they did say that if I wanted the base cards, I could pay extra for the sorting/shipping costs.

Based on my experience with my first break, which wasn't a bad one, I would say that it is definitely a little too much like gambling for me. Based on eBay value of the cards I'm receiving, I didn't even make back my money. Curious what types of experiences others have had. Thanks.

2. Kronozio
    Most big case or box breakers will not ship the base cards unless requested by the buyer. It is best to inquire before buying into any breaks in the future. Good luck.
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Stanton, Kemp, Pujols, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Joey Votto, Griffey Jr, Craig Biggio, Bagwell, Helton, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV or @ least try to when available.
    Cards FT/FS~Hidden Content
    Scans/Pix~ Hidden Content

Thanks. Definitely no hard feelings here and like I said, it was a lesson learned out of relative inexperience.

After being out of the hobby for a while, I'm trying to adjust to the new ways for acquiring cards. Razzers (definitely not for me), Breaks (would do it again if the price and product was right) and Retail Blaster Boxes are all new concepts to me. It used to just be hobby or retail and the retail products were typically devoid of any chase cards, so I always bought hobby. Seems to me like that is still the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Carltopia View Post
    Thanks. Definitely no hard feelings here and like I said, it was a lesson learned out of relative inexperience.

After being out of the hobby for a while, I'm trying to adjust to the new ways for acquiring cards. Razzers (definitely not for me), Breaks (would do it again if the price and product was right) and Retail Blaster Boxes are all new concepts to me. It used to just be hobby or retail and the retail products were typically devoid of any chase cards, so I always bought hobby. Seems to me like that is still the way to go.
    Hobby is the way to go if you're looking for guaranteed hits such as autos &/or GU Relic cards. The blaster boxes, fat packs & value/hanger packs are all retail. Topps even had a couple retail store hobby releases like the last 2 Bowman Platinum from '16 & '17, Topps Fire & Topps Gallery were all only released at first into the Walmarts, Targets & probably Meijer but not sure on the last one. You're right the hobby has changed over the last serveral years but I think for the better. I know when I first started with cards there was no interest & nobody to trade with.
    PC: Longoria, Tulowitzki, Stanton, Kemp, Pujols, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, Joey Votto, Griffey Jr, Craig Biggio, Bagwell, Helton, Derek Jeter
    I trade by BV or @ least try to when available.
    Cards FT/FS~Hidden Content
    Scans/Pix~ Hidden Content

I was curious of this as well. Thank you for helping me out as well
    Hidden Content

Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.

Yes this is a tacit used by breakers to not only same money but to also profit from it down the line. Imagine all the base rookies of guys like Aaron Judge a breaker like this would have been sitting on. There is a reason why breakers continue to pop up everyday. They are very profitable for the guys doing the breaking.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Yes this is a tacit used by breakers to not only same money but to also profit from it down the line. Imagine all the base rookies of guys like Aaron Judge a breaker like this would have been sitting on. There is a reason why breakers continue to pop up everyday. They are very profitable for the guys doing the breaking.
    If the breakers are not sending the RCs when they don't send base then that is a problem in my opinion.

My advice is do your research beforehand to know what the breaker intends to ship to you. I personally like to get all cards from a break, even base.
    Hidden Content - use drop down box to view other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs, Texas Longhorns/Miami Hurricanes/Virginia Tech Hokies/Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like current Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU, and Roger Federer