Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Cincinnati Bengals Seattle Mariners
    See ramunc89's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Help! How do I do postage for shipping to Canada?

I heard this forum has the most helpful and friendliest people on it and I need help. I need to ship 31 cards - 5 oz- to Canada and want to know what is the least expensive way to ship. I've been to usps site and $10 was first class international rate, but do I have to do a customs form also? I usually ship in US using stamps.com and it was $9.51 but there was a customs form that added $31 fee. If anyone that ships to Canada from US on regular basis, how would you ship the items and what is the normal cost? Thanks to anyone that replies.
    Jeff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Shouldn't be an extra fee for the Customs form. Mark it as a gift with a value of like $10 or so. List the contents as "cards" and nothing more. It shouldn't cost any extra then. Might be best just to do it at your local Post Office and not online.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thx censored for responding. I didn't think to mark as gift. Other than customs form is there anything else I have to do (besides the label)?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

just paid 10 to send seemed expensive but usps did the label and tracking still had to fill out the customs label and it was delivered in a few days

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Thx censored for responding. I didn't think to mark as gift. Other than customs form is there anything else I have to do (besides the label)?

That should be it. Package it up, address it, fill out customs form, pay postage fees, done deal. Shipping to Canada has skyrocketed in price over the last few years now, so the $10-ish range is about right for it.

Even just letters for those of us who do TTM autographs are getting bad. $1.25 each way (and we need to buy Canadian postage for the return, and if you do something larger than cards it's even more).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thx for the info camsue and censored. Looks like $10 is the standard cost now for what I'm shipping. Must be cheaper to mail from Canada to US as it's $5 shipping for other person to ship to me. (Could be Canadian currency difference?)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok I did it using stamps.com. Ended up being $9.50. Hopefully I did it correctly! Thx to all who responded.
    Jeff