Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Product valuation difference on 1/1

When looking at current/last year products, how would you think valuation differs for various 1/1 releases?

For example, high tier would go
    Premier
    Ultimate
    Black

What about the next tier of products like
    SPGU
    OPC Platinum
    Arty

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Generally I pay more for 1/1's from higher end products. It's interesting that you brought this point up because I witnessed an interesting debate on ePack between two traders a few months ago, each debating the worth of a Compendium plate for a Series 1/2 plate. Neither player was anything remarkable, but one trader argued that a 1/1 plate is the same across the board whereas the other reasoned that because Series 1 and 2 are more expensive products than Compendium, then the Series 1 and 2 plate should also be worth more than the plate from Compendium.

Personally, all things being equal, I would agree with the latter. I think most of us would prefer to have a plate of our PC players/teams from The Cup or Premier as opposed to MVP or Victory. I recognize that 1/1 equals 1/1 but the price point at which someone can potentially hit a 1/1 from Ultimate Collection compared to Compendium is significant. I know that I would not trade a 1/1 from a lower tier set for a 1/1 from a higher tier unless I was getting a significantly better player back.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with everything you said, but that's where I tried to break out 3 similar costing products to lump together (completely ignoring Cup) and in my mind I'm breaking out plates from other 1/1.
    Generally I pay more for 1/1's from higher end products. It's interesting that you brought this point up because I witnessed an interesting debate on ePack between two traders a few months ago, each debating the worth of a Compendium plate for a Series 1/2 plate. Neither player was anything remarkable, but one trader argued that a 1/1 plate is the same across the board whereas the other reasoned that because Series 1 and 2 are more expensive products than Compendium, then the Series 1 and 2 plate should also be worth more than the plate from Compendium.

Personally, all things being equal, I would agree with the latter. I think most of us would prefer to have a plate of our PC players/teams from The Cup or Premier as opposed to MVP or Victory. I recognize that 1/1 equals 1/1 but the price point at which someone can potentially hit a 1/1 from Ultimate Collection compared to Compendium is significant. I know that I would not trade a 1/1 from a lower tier set for a 1/1 from a higher tier unless I was getting a significantly better player back.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Are we talking just about printing plates, or something else? If something else, there's too many factors to answer your question:
    1. quality of MEM piece
    2. Autographed?
    3. Team
    4. Player
    5. Event or GU?
    etc

SCF Rewards
    Country

For ease of conversation Green Storm vs. Golden Treasure (non-auto) for the same rookie and/or veteran.

Are we talking just about printing plates, or something else? If something else, there's too many factors to answer your question:
    1. quality of MEM piece
    2. Autographed?
    3. Team
    4. Player
    5. Event or GU?
    etc

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think that OPCP is a more collectible product and the Golden Treasures are more desirable. In addition, unless your team is one of the few green-colored teams, the Green Storm cards are not as appealing looking. My $.02

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    See aaron417's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I think that OPCP is a more collectible product and the Golden Treasures are more desirable.

I agree with this, even though SPGU is the higher tier product, I personally would value the OPC Golden Treasure higher than the green storm. I would much rather complete a opc rainbow of said player than spgu, but it's a personal preference. On the other hand about the plates I also would value the series 1/2 over the comp, but I can see the argument because imo I think the comp plate is the harder pull since it is the only true physical card you can pull straight from the pack.

It's not any easy question for sure.