Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See OuTrAgE2782's Items on eBay

Question Buying boxes - how to know what product to buy?

I haven't kept up with cards for a long time, and feel pretty lost when it comes to what product to buy. Is there any customer reviews/ratings on products to know if it's generally good or not?

Or, if anybody would like to offer their opinion, I'd greatly appreciate that. I'm looking for either 15/16 or 16/17 and my budget is between $50-$100 for 1-2 boxes. I know it's not a high budget, so I'm not expecting to get any of the high end boxes. Are the UD Series 1/2 safe bets? They seem to be generally within my budget, so I was looking at those. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

This is hard because everyone has their own perspective on what makes a good product. I personally don't understand the draw of the young guns and don't find as much joy out of series 1/2 that others do. But, I am also drawn to Champs (which is not very well received) as I like the old school feel of the cards combined with the on card autographs. Another nice product that wasn't well received was portfolio. The design of the cards and photography was well done and you get a jersey swatch/patch/fight strap plus an auto in each box. Also, Portfolio gives you a chance at a McDavid and Matthews, and SP Game Used #'d to the jersey cards all for $30-35USD (https://www.steelcitycollectibles.co...ckey-hobby-box or http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-ca...ckey-hobby-box)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See OuTrAgE2782's Items on eBay

Yeah that makes sense. I appreciate the suggestions though! I'll definitely check them out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are the UD Series 1/2 safe bets? They seem to be generally within my budget, so I was looking at those. Any other suggestions?

Generally speaking Upper Deck series 1 and 2 in hockey are petty safe bets when buying a budget type product. You really aren't going to be hitting top notch hits like autographs and patches but it is more rookie card focused. So if that is not your thing you aren't going to be having too much fun breaking UD.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/