Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Dallas Cowboys Cut Dez Bryant

The Dallas Cowboys have released wide receiver Dez Bryant, team owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Friday.
    "As an organization, we hold Dez Bryant in the highest regard, and we are grateful for his passion, spirit and contributions to this team for the past eight years," Jones said in a statement. "He will always be a valued member of our family."

ESPN article here

My take: I sure hope the Bears have some room in the ol' cap to offer Bryant something like a 1-year, $10-12 million dollar deal with the thought that if he performs they sign him to a longer term deal. Basically what the Eagles did with Alshon Jeffery but a couple million more in salary.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well his production has declined so it should be interesting to see what the market is for him. He still a heck of a wr for any team looking to add depth to their wr Corp but money going to be the biggest barrier unless it incentives not guaranteed money imo.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Being a Cowboys fan and not liking his performance for a few years it is time to part ways. I think this may help some of the inner turmoil that was going on with Dez there and maybe Dak will perform better and they did pick up a few receivers and Jason Witten is still the go to man when you need a catch!
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Looking into my crystal ball, where could Dez Bryant land this year? I’m making some assumptions when I pick these teams.

1. Bryant will likely command at least a 1-year, $10 million “prove it” deal similar to Alshon Jeffery last year
    2. Teams over the salary cap now are off the table
    3. Teams within $6 million of the salary cap are eliminated as they will need to pay rookie contracts
    4. The top 11 teams in terms of spending money at WR will likely not add another $10 million to the position
    5. The bottom 11 teams in terms of spending money at WR would be likely to shore up the position and add Bryant
    6. Teams with at least $16 million in salary cap space could fit Bryant in without jettisoning current rostered players along with their rookie draft class.
    7. All data is according to overthecap.com as of 4/12/2018
    8. If all he wants is a ring then he’s automatically on the Patriots

Washington: The Redskins are no strangers to controversial players and making big splashes in free agency. With Alex Smith installed as the franchise QB, they will be looking to prove that Gruden's offense will keep on chugging without Cousins. With a league low in money spent at the position and the chance for Bryant to have revenge twice a year, Dez would fit in nicely in DC.

Baltimore: The Ravens have spent little at the position, 30th in the league, and have plenty of cap space. Too they will look to give Flacco reloaded weapons for a lackluster passing attack that ranked 29th last year. In the past they have made use of veteran WRs like Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, Anquan Boldin, and Derrick Mason.

Kansas City: Despite spending a chunk of change on Watkins, they can comfortably add Bryant on a one year prove it deal to give the offense 4 legitimate passing options on top of what Kareem Hunt provides out of the backfield. The Chiefs are still in the bottom third of WR spending and top third in available cap space. No second year QB will have been given more chances to succeed than Mahomes. Look for Bryant to be this year’s Alshon Jeffery.

Arizona: with Fitzgerald nearing retirement, the Cardinals always seem to look for veteran players to keep the team in contention. Adding a sure handed playmaker like Bryant would boost the value they are getting for Bradford and could keep them in contention. Or the wheels could fall off for a second consecutive season and the Cards will be playing for a high pick in 2019 with minimal impact to the long term salary cap.

Darkhorse: The Bills have been known to sign cast off controversial Dallas WRs (Terrell Owens) and have spent the least amount of money in the league on their offense. They are starved for playmakers, especially if they can move up in the draft and grab one of the top QBs. However this isn’t a great team for Bryant to try and rebuild his market value.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks like Dez wants to play where he can get "revenge" on the Cowboys
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Looks like Dez wants to play where he can get "revenge" on the Cowboys

Who wouldn't want to piss of ole Jerry Jones.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Being a Cowboys fan, I never have liked Jerry Jones!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Poor guy cant throw himself the rock... Ask T.O.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Being a Cowboys fan, I never have liked Jerry Jones!

Love him or hate him you know he truly cares about making the team better and putting on a great show for the spectators. I rather have a owner like him that is hands on than a owner that doesn't truly care about the product on the field.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Looking into my crystal ball, where could Dez Bryant land this year? I’m making some assumptions when I pick these teams.

1. Bryant will likely command at least a 1-year, $10 million “prove it” deal similar to Alshon Jeffery last year
    2. Teams over the salary cap now are off the table
    3. Teams within $6 million of the salary cap are eliminated as they will need to pay rookie contracts
    4. The top 11 teams in terms of spending money at WR will likely not add another $10 million to the position
    5. The bottom 11 teams in terms of spending money at WR would be likely to shore up the position and add Bryant
    6. Teams with at least $16 million in salary cap space could fit Bryant in without jettisoning current rostered players along with their rookie draft class.
    7. All data is according to overthecap.com as of 4/12/2018
    8. If all he wants is a ring then he’s automatically on the Patriots

Washington: The Redskins are no strangers to controversial players and making big splashes in free agency. With Alex Smith installed as the franchise QB, they will be looking to prove that Gruden's offense will keep on chugging without Cousins. With a league low in money spent at the position and the chance for Bryant to have revenge twice a year, Dez would fit in nicely in DC.

Baltimore: The Ravens have spent little at the position, 30th in the league, and have plenty of cap space. Too they will look to give Flacco reloaded weapons for a lackluster passing attack that ranked 29th last year. In the past they have made use of veteran WRs like Steve Smith, Mike Wallace, Anquan Boldin, and Derrick Mason.

Kansas City: Despite spending a chunk of change on Watkins, they can comfortably add Bryant on a one year prove it deal to give the offense 4 legitimate passing options on top of what Kareem Hunt provides out of the backfield. The Chiefs are still in the bottom third of WR spending and top third in available cap space. No second year QB will have been given more chances to succeed than Mahomes. Look for Bryant to be this year’s Alshon Jeffery.

Arizona: with Fitzgerald nearing retirement, the Cardinals always seem to look for veteran players to keep the team in contention. Adding a sure handed playmaker like Bryant would boost the value they are getting for Bradford and could keep them in contention. Or the wheels could fall off for a second consecutive season and the Cards will be playing for a high pick in 2019 with minimal impact to the long term salary cap.

Darkhorse: The Bills have been known to sign cast off controversial Dallas WRs (Terrell Owens) and have spent the least amount of money in the league on their offense. They are starved for playmakers, especially if they can move up in the draft and grab one of the top QBs. However this isn’t a great team for Bryant to try and rebuild his market value.

GREAT POST!

I'd rank the teams that have the best possibility of landing Dez:

1. Redskins
    2. Chiefs
    3. Ravens
    4. Cardinals
    5. Eagles
    6. Patriots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast