Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Minnesota company reinvents the hockey stick

ST. LOUIS PARK, Minn. (KARE) Since the 1800s, when the hockey stick is believed to have been invented, there's really only been two major changes.

Adding a curve to the blade, and changing the materials of the stick itself from wood to carbon-fiber.

That is until three years ago, when entrepreneur Andy Oman decided to go where no one has gone before: Crooked.

“It's just part of my personality,” says Elevate Hockey Owner and CEO Andy Oman. “I never accept the status quo. I always challenge what is and see if there is a better way of doing it.”

http://www.valleynewslive.com/conten...483212611.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

I wonder how expensive it will be on kickstarter. Its going to be hard gambling $150 (medium quality) on a chance of a product that you don't like at all

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I wonder how expensive it will be on kickstarter. Its going to be hard gambling $150 (medium quality) on a chance of a product that you don't like at all

If you see the kickstarter campaign lmk I would like to follow it. Well if you read the article almost all the folks involved in the trial since inception said they like the new stick now compared to the one they currently used. Think two said no so it might be something that more people will like than not.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Oklahoma Sooners Washington State Cougars

I also am not dropping $150 on an unproven stick. Wait I’m not dropping $150 on any stick at this point. My daughter scored 2 goals tonight with a $20 stick I think at this point the $20 sticks are working well for us.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Watching NHL games on TV I am constantly hearing the announcers refer to the "whip action" of the current sticks. They show major bends, even on wrist shots. Then the stick "whips" back almost flinging the puck at the net. I cant imagine old wooden sticks, aluminum shaft sticks, or even some of the older composite stick bending like that and it got me wondering.Have players had to change their shooting style, or aim, to account for the "whip effect" or delay in release, or the way the puck comes off the stick?With an old woodie, you take a shot and the puck flies off the blade as you follow through. With these bendy sticks it appears the player has already followed through and is waiting for the blade to whip back. I gotta think it affects their aim.Anyone out there with experience who can 'splain this to me? I'd be curious to hear.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hard to see the stick in photos on the website, but the one with the guy who bent over... stick reminds me of a less pronounced curve version of the old Curtis Curve goalie sticks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw a picture of it today on Instagram it looks cool. It looks like it would make pick handling easier. I’ll defer back to the $150 price tag. No thanks! The first two places I rented after I graduated high school and was out on my own were $150 a month and i‘m really not that old (just feel it) So $150 for a stick for me or for my kids house hockey. Nope can’t do it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

150 was a pure guess based on a medium quality stick, they haven't released any sort of pricing

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Sports Card Forum mobile app

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I saw a picture of it today on Instagram it looks cool. It looks like it would make pick handling easier. I’ll defer back to the $150 price tag. No thanks! The first two places I rented after I graduated high school and was out on my own were $150 a month and i‘m really not that old (just feel it) So $150 for a stick for me or for my kids house hockey. Nope can’t do it.

Some folks drop 150 on a box of cards without thinking. So not sure why a stick god 150 wouldne a issue if it i,proves your game.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

A gentleman I know I won’t mention his name who played 17 seasons in the NHL and won 3 Stanley Cups taught me a $20 stick will do the same thing just as a $250 carbon fiber one will and won’t break as easy. If I was playing NCAA Or above hockey I might ignore that because yeah if you trying to gain an advantage on a slap shot to get past Holtby or MAF it might be a different story to get some of that flex but for what I’m doing I just don’t see the need. If anybody else wants to go drop $150 on a stick i‘m okay with it, it’s their money. Just like I see people going and dropping $40,000 to $75,000 on new pickups all the time. No thanks not for me a $4,000- $7,000 good used one will do the same thing easier on my bank account

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast