Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Is LEBRON JAMES the GOAT?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Michael Jordan 3 Finals wins:

27-5-4 on 42% FG
    32-7-6 on 46% FG
    34-4-2 on 43% FG
    Average: 31.3 - 5.3 - 4.0

LeBron James 3 Finals losses:

36-13-9 on 40% FG
    34-12-10 on 56% FG
    38-9-11 on 53% FG
    Average: 36.0 - 11.3 - 10.0

As Jeff Foxworthy might say, "If the above doesn't illustrate that TEAM wins are not an individual stat and that counting such things as TEAM rings is an absurd way to evaluate individual excellence and compare individual players, you just might be a redneck" ... hahahaha.

Last edited by Jameis1of1; 06-09-2018 at 02:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Lakers Toronto Raptors Toronto Blue Jays
    See rjabreu88's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Saw this on Reddit it was posted March 9th 2017.

Number of 50 win teams eliminated in the playoffs:

Kobe 25
    Jordan 20
    Duncan 20
    Shaq 18
    Kareem 14
    Magic 13
    Lebron 11

Including last year and this year Cleveland would have beat Toronto and Boston 2xs each so that takes him to 15.

I am a big Laker and Kobe/ Shaq fan. I fondly remember many laker battles with the spurs, twolves, blazers, nuggets. I'm just actually a bit shocked that the gap in favour of kobe is that big for eliminating 50 win teams.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Saw this on Reddit it was posted March 9th 2017.

Number of 50 win teams eliminated in the playoffs:

Kobe 25
    Jordan 20
    Duncan 20
    Shaq 18
    Kareem 14
    Magic 13
    Lebron 11

Including last year and this year Cleveland would have beat Toronto and Boston 2xs each so that takes him to 15.

I am a big Laker and Kobe/ Shaq fan. I fondly remember many laker battles with the spurs, twolves, blazers, nuggets. I'm just actually a bit shocked that the gap in favour of kobe is that big for eliminating 50 win teams.

Kobe was a bad, bad, bad man ... by far my favorite player of all-time. And, a case can definitely be made that he had a greater career than MJ ... I'm not saying that he actually did, but a case can be made as he topped MJ in quite a few areas and likely would have been 7-for-7 in the Finals had Karl Malone and later Andrew Bynum not went down with injuries right before those two NBA Finals series.

Personally, I do consider Kobe the greatest pure scorer the game has ever seen ... the 81, the outscoring a team by himself through 3 quarters when Phil Jackson then pulled him to rest, the fact that his highest scoring season bests Jordan's highest scoring season when you account for league-wide scoring averages, etc. I love Kobe!

However ... teams win games and rings and one could put up a list that says "70 win teams beaten in the playoffs" and only LeBron would be on that list, or "60 win teams beaten in the playoffs" and I'm pretty sure Jordan would top that list, so it's a cool stat but not one that I think will sway many people's opinion in regards to who the GOAT is.

Kobe is definitely my FOAT (Favorite of All Time) though!

As for Shaq, he's my second favorite player ever and I sincerely believe that he was the most dominant player in history in his prime and that he and Kobe were a far better duo than MJ and Pip were as they won titles with weak supporting casts and never had a true 3rd wheel the way MJ and Pip had Rodman and Grant.
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 06-09-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Sadly I see we are on opposite sides of take-aggedeon once more Jameis1/1 . Many valid arguments are made for both players based on individual stats, team stats, eras played in (though close, the game has changed a ton in 20 years), relative competition, etc. However there are only two truly important metrics:

Who is the bigger flopper? MJ drafted Kwame Brown 1st over in 2001, ahead of guys like Tyson Chandler and Pau Gasol who both played center. Pretty big flop. LeBron James submits his video evidence of his flopping.

Result: Both equally bad

Thus we must consider the second piece of evidence of the Greatest of All-Time: collegiate statistics!!! Yes! It's okay, all good, let's talk college stats as a component to the greatest ever.

Michael Jordan: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...-jordan-1.html

LaVar Ball: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...ar-ball-1.html

LeBron James: ???????????????????????????????????????

So there you have it. If LaVar Ball does better than another basketball player in anything, said player's credentials for GOAT are automatically nullified. Thread over, Michael Jordan is again our once and future basketball king. #BullsFanForLife #Everyoneelseisplayingforsecondplace

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

[QUOTE=jplcom;14638704]Sadly I see we are on opposite sides of take-aggedeon once more Jameis1/1 .

It's okay to agree to disagree or to be on opposite sides ... I love your posts regardless

Many valid arguments are made for both players based on individual stats, team stats, eras played in (though close, the game has changed a ton in 20 years), relative competition, etc. However there are only two truly important metrics:

Who is the bigger flopper? MJ drafted Kwame Brown 1st over in 2001, ahead of guys like Tyson Chandler and Pau Gasol who both played center. Pretty big flop. LeBron James submits his video evidence of his flopping.

Result: Both equally bad

Thus we must consider the second piece of evidence of the Greatest of All-Time: collegiate statistics!!! Yes! It's okay, all good, let's talk college stats as a component to the greatest ever.

Michael Jordan: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...-jordan-1.html

LaVar Ball: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...ar-ball-1.html

LeBron James: ???????????????????????????????????????

So there you have it. If LaVar Ball does better than another basketball player in anything, said player's credentials for GOAT are automatically nullified. Thread over, Michael Jordan is again our once and future basketball king. #BullsFanForLife #Everyoneelseisplayingforsecondplace

HAHAHAHAHA, as usual, you bring a smile to my face; great stuff!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456