SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Anaheim Angels Los Angeles Lakers

Razor Blade Card - Darnay Scott Upper Deck 1999

Here’s my show & tell: Pulled this card from a pack of 1999 Upper Deck Football. I’m looking for input and opinions and possible worth in an auction setting. My 1st day on the site. Jim
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy

Here’s my show & tell: Pulled this card from a pack of 1999 Upper Deck Football. I’m looking for input and opinions and possible worth in an auction setting. My 1st day on the site. Jim

Here’s another view of the card.80A1E46E-5570-4D6C-9E0B-2A254ADB6122.jpeg80A1E46E-5570-4D6C-9E0B-2A254ADB6122.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country

When did you pull this?

It might honestly be one of the weirdest cards I've ever seen and that's saying something. Don't know how much you would get for it but if a card existed like this in the late 80s or early 90s when cards were top dog and the media was crazy with scary people about razor blade urban legends you might have had TV news crews banging down your door to get a story about this card. Now you will get some interest but not as much about a card from 1999 and of a relative common player. But if you wanted to get the most money out of the card I'd list it on eBay with an outrageous amount and contact some online news sources to see if they would write a story about the card. That would drum up maybe enough exposure to get the card to go viral like all that stupid stuff that gets bid to ridiculous prices because a potato chip looks like Jesus and whatnot. Usually they are won by a company or place looking for cheap PR and the person who listed it actually gets paid. Otherwise maybe up to $100 for the super cool novelty factor of the card.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy

After I pulled the card back in 1999 I contacted a public relations firm to promote the card. The angle we were going with was that Upper Deck was possibly endangering children with their product. Where it got me was being investigated by a detective from the local police department. At that point we killed the story. I do believe that today because of social media it’s a lot easier to promote a oddity or a strange product. This card is so unique I think it may promote itself with a minimum amount of exposure on eBay. I’m in no hurry to sell it. But for the right offer....

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Too bad this was not pulled with video evidence like in a gb. As then there would be no question that the card was doctored. I truly have no idea what the market would pay for something like this but you never know until you put it up on eBay and let it ride.
    Definitely, one of the weirdest cards I have ever seen.

DON
    Great Prices on soft sleeves and top loaders!

Standard Soft sleeves .75 each or (5 for $3), Thick Soft Sleeves $1 each or (5 for $4), Top Loaders 60 point $2.75 each (3 for $8), Top Loaders 100 point $4, Top Loaders 140 points $2.50 each or (3 for $7) Top Loaders 190 point $1.75 each or (3 for $5), Top Loaders 240 point $2 each or (6 for $10). Prices do not include shipping!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy

Before I opened the pack, I felt I was about to receive some type of insert due to the extra weight of the pack. I just looked at the card and said to myself “What the heck”? I have seen some strange things in this hobby. Pulled a card with a baseball front and a football back. I sent a Jordan card to PSA and it came back with a chocolate fingerprint on the front of the card and it was graded a (9). I called to complain and they said that I sent it in that way. When I asked them why they give cards with chocolate fingerprints on them 9 grades, nothing but silence.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Before I opened the pack, I felt I was about to receive some type of insert due to the extra weight of the pack.

Would be one way to stop the pack searchers

I sent a Jordan card to PSA and it came back with a chocolate fingerprint on the front of the card and it was graded a (9). I called to complain and they said that I sent it in that way. When I asked them why they give cards with chocolate fingerprints on them 9 grades, nothing but silence.

Do you still have this card?

Also there is a pretty famous card in baseball from I think Topps Tribute where a fly was crushed on the foiling of the card. Don't recall what it sold for on eBay but it was a common guy and brought way more than anybody thought it would have.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy

I sold the Jordan card sometime around 2005.