Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't doubt this but I've just been kind of surprised by the lack of dominant wide receivers that have been in the NFL the past 10 years or so. Not really many guys that I thought even have a chance to challenge Rice's record despite the explosion in passing yards recently. And let's be real they aren't going to slow it down and go back to when running backs and full backs were moving the offense as it looks like it will be a passing centered league for years to come.

You're right, there really aren't any super dominant WR's in the NFL ... other than Antonio Brown and he's small and got sort of a late start so his stats won't be close to Rice's probably ... but I imagine there will be some monster 6'6" receiver that just starts dominating from his rookie year on at some point ... and blows Rice's records away.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Rice's longevity may be even more impressive that the career stats he piled up. At age 40, he put up 92-1211-7. Dez Bryant is only 29 and people are saying he's done. Larry Fitzgerald turns 35 in August and has compiled 15,545 career yards and 1,234 catches. He needs an additional 7,350 yards and 315 catches. The receptions I can see him attaining assuming he plays another 4 years and averages 79 a season. The yards seem unlikely. Antonio Brown seems like a decent bet to reach yards. He turns 30 this year and has accumulated 9,910 already. If he can average 1,000 for the next 6 years he'll beat Rice's record. Then again I thought Owens or Moss might have surpassed Rice in some of those categories and they wound up falling short.

But to Jameis' point, I don't think anyone is going to beat Emmitt's rushing yards record. Short life span of RBs, cheaper mid-round rookie contracts, running back by committee approaches, and heavy emphasis on passing all leads Smith being the guy left standing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Then again I thought Owens or Moss might have surpassed Rice in some of those categories and they wound up falling short.

If Moss had the work ethic and drive of Owens he would have destroyed the record instead he was a lazy drug addict
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ Randy Moss was a drug addict? Where did you hear that?

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

instead he was a lazy drug addict

4th all-time in receiving yards and 2nd all-time in receiving TDs. 4-time all pro, 1998 rookie of the year, 1st team all-decade team 2000s and a hall of famer. Please elaborate.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

4th all-time in receiving yards and 2nd all-time in receiving TDs. 4-time all pro, 1998 rookie of the year, 1st team all-decade team 2000s and a hall of famer. Please elaborate.

^ Exactly ... if Moss was a "lazy drug addict" that still put in a first ballot HOF'er career, wow ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol RBs are the 1st option always. Football won't change that basic

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lol RBs are the 1st option always. Football won't change that basic

Um, no ... most every team passes more than runs these days unless you have a mere "game-manager" at QB

Also, many teams use a "RB by committee" approach and don't even seem to want a true feature back

SCF Rewards
    Country

Um, no ... most every team passes more than runs these days unless you have a mere "game-manager" at QB

Also, many teams use a "RB by committee" approach and don't even seem to want a true feature back

the point is- without the run, there is no pass game whether they do it more or not. Feature backs are irrelevant.

and obviously Barkley and Gurley will be the new breed. there will never not be plenty of backs to see

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

I am a big David Johnson fan, but if he would of had a monster season last year, then I could see him trying to renegotiate a deal out of his rookie contract. He missed the entire season, and wants a new deal, what a joke! As for Le'Veon, it very well might be his last season in Pittsburgh. Hard to believe that the Steelers wouldn't of paid him, but they are taking a big chance this season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast