Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The NFL May Drop In Boxing-Like Proportions In The Coming Decades

The NFL is the #1 sport in the United States. No other sport is close. eSports isn’t a sport, so let’s leave that out. Millennials think baseball is boring and Nascar is dropping, so that leave the NBA, NHL, and Soccer. Everybody will agree that boxing isn’t in the same conversation as these other sports, but it was once the top sport in America.

Pre-Babe Ruth, the heavyweight boxing champion was the man. Jack Dempsey, who still has a bar named after him in Manhattan, once fought in front of 120,000 fans in Philadelphia in 1926. He lost the fight that day to Gene Tunney, but my point is that sport was the big draw. The big money was there. Kids aspired to be boxers. All that’s changed.

http://www.sportsology.com/the-nfl-m...oming-decades/

SCF Rewards
    Country

if the govt wants football to eventually die, it will die. i'm 53, if football died, I would want a few full size helmets to display like ancient gladiator armor at a museum. Helmets have always interested me like collectables and cards and uniforms etc.
    but make no mistake, it seldom has anything to do with the public. The Public thinks how media/govt tells them how to think. if they want people to hate football, theyll just keep repeating it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

if the govt wants football to eventually die, it will die. i'm 53, if football died, I would want a few full size helmets to display like ancient gladiator armor at a museum. Helmets have always interested me like collectables and cards and uniforms etc.
    but make no mistake, it seldom has anything to do with the public. The Public thinks how media/govt tells them how to think. if they want people to hate football, theyll just keep repeating it.

What kind of Helmets would you have in your display?

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

What kind of Helmets would you have in your display?

Don

I prefer the older helmets. Not the newer ones with all the curves and holes. 70s/80s/90s.

Rams , Packers, Vikings, Bengals

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I prefer the older helmets. Not the newer ones with all the curves and holes. 70s/80s/90s.

Rams , Packers, Vikings, Bengals

Gotcha!

Don