Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jamal Lewis Ravens Hand Numbered Variation??? Thoughts

I found this card as I was going through a dealers cards at a card show on Sunday (August 5th) in WIchita, Kansas. I cannot find ANY hand numbered versions of this card.

Thoughts?? Ideas?? First to come across my mind was that the first 200 were hand numbered and the rest were machine numbered.

What does everyone think?

Adam

https://www.flickr.com/photos/159738...7689455749750/

https://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCa...17-Jamal-Lewis
    Last edited by adam1bancroft; 08-06-2018 at 07:03 AM.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Replacement card maybe? Maybe the original 147 was packed out, got damaged, and the original owner sent it back for replacement. Upper Deck hand wrote the serial number rather than fire up printing presses (expensive!) for a small run. UD probably had a number of each card on reserve for replacements since they wouldn't know which serial number would come back, hence hand written.

/Opinion

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cards from that era from Upper Deck were hand numbered if they issued a replacement for the card but I guess there is also a small chance it slipped out somehow without being stamped and somebody hand numbered it to try and sell it. But that seems like a very long shot so I'd place my bet that it was a replacement for somebody's card a long time ago.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gentlemen.....

Thank you for your insight. I saw the card and thought it was interesting that it was hand numbered

Adam
    Replacement card maybe? Maybe the original 147 was packed out, got damaged, and the original owner sent it back for replacement. Upper Deck hand wrote the serial number rather than fire up printing presses (expensive!) for a small run. UD probably had a number of each card on reserve for replacements since they wouldn't know which serial number would come back, hence hand written.

/Opinion

Cards from that era from Upper Deck were hand numbered if they issued a replacement for the card but I guess there is also a small chance it slipped out somehow without being stamped and somebody hand numbered it to try and sell it. But that seems like a very long shot so I'd place my bet that it was a replacement for somebody's card a long time ago.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Gentlemen.....

Thank you for your insight. I saw the card and thought it was interesting that it was hand numbered

Adam

It's very interesting and I'm willing to bet a player collector or a master set builder would enjoy having that as part of their collection. I know if they had a version like that of a 1999 Topps Finest card I'd be all over it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It was definitely something I thought of was a player collector and the uniqueness of the card

It's very interesting and I'm willing to bet a player collector or a master set builder would enjoy having that as part of their collection. I know if they had a version like that of a 1999 Topps Finest card I'd be all over it.