Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

NFL topps 1980 and 1981 cards

I have just bought a lot of NFL topps 1980 and 1981 cards.

I like those cards,

but someone knows why there is not the logo teams on the helmets ?

Happy Collecting

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Howdy! It's because Topps didn't have a licensing agreement to use NFL team logos until 1982. If you take a look at the set design for '82, you'll see their designers must have wept for joy on acquiring it! Player pictures no longer had airbrushed helmets and a prominent team logo was featured in the lower left corner. Prior to that either artists would need to remove the decals or photographers would have to get pictures with helmets off.

Congrats on your 80s pickups!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Howdy! It's because Topps didn't have a licensing agreement to use NFL team logos until 1982. If you take a look at the set design for '82, you'll see their designers must have wept for joy on acquiring it! Player pictures no longer had airbrushed helmets and a prominent team logo was featured in the lower left corner. Prior to that either artists would need to remove the decals or photographers would have to get pictures with helmets off.

Congrats on your 80s pickups!!!

Many thanks for the reply ; yes i thank than it was a license problem even there is the name of the franchises on the cards !

I will try to complete those both sets and try to send my duplicates (by) TTM .

Happy Collecting