Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

Problems with Panini (skimming certain cards)???

Ok, so I have long suspected that certain cards that are being produced for Panini sets actually do not make it into the product. Thought I would start this thread and see if anyone has experience the same issues. I'm not just throwing accusations out there without providing some substance.

I decided to conduct a study using 2018 PRIZM and purchased the Cowboys team spot in 12 case breaks from the same individual.

Per box there are advertised: 3 Autos, 9 Numbered, 4 Inserts

Focusing our attention on the Autos, based off of the checklist (RC Autos, Patented Penmanship). RPAs do not count because those are rumored to be one per case.

3 Autos per box= 36 Autos per case= 432 Autos if you broke 12 cases

In the 12 cases I participated in, I got 12 Autos (approx 1 per case). Of those 12 autos, 6 of them are guys not even on the active Cowboys roster (4-Scarburough and 2 Cedric Wilson).

That is 2.8% of the 432 autos, when the Cowboys should have received approx 5% based on the checklist, not half that amount.

I only received 1 Mike White auto and did not receive a single Michael Gallup auto in 12 cases.

Over the course of the break, I saw 4 Saquons, 3 or 4 Mayfields, numerous autos of Darnold, Allen, and all the other big RCs. I EVEN SAW 3 DIFFERENT SONY MICHEL AUTOS IN 1 CASE!!!!!

Turning my attention to the colored refractors. The numbers break down to the fact that I should have got approx. 52 and I came close at 48. Not too bad, EXCEPT, the lowest serial numbered card I received was #'d to 25 and was a Bo Scarbrough. No Vinyls, No Gold Mojos, No 1/1s. In all fairness, I did get another Camo that was Lawrence. I SAW ABOUT 5 OR 6 GOLDS PER CASE. IN ONE CASE, THERE WERE 2 DION LEWIS GOLDS (#1/10 AND #10/10).

There was a Baker Mayfield Auto ser# 1/1 in this break. The cases were loaded with tons of low #'d stuff of the top rookies, but not the Boys at all.

I spent $75 per break for a total of $900 and I might have $100 worth of stuff, if I am lucky.

Anyways, I am done with breaking Panini products!!! I'll just purchase the individual stuff I want off Ebay, but I was just curious if anyone has noticed any similar trends!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Jets
    My traders on Flickr

Damn that is some miserable luck. Case breaks are not worth it if your team is expensive. I am not familiar with the cowboys but i bet that 9 hundo could have gotten you every card you wanted from the set easily.
    Check out my Collection!
    Hidden Content
    if the offer is right I will deal anything
    I am a collector of the New York JetsHidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See 22emmittzone's Items on eBay

Yes, it the money could have gotten me a lot more on eBay and other sites. However, I was doing it more of an experiment to prove a point. That point was, either 1: someone is removing certain cards and inserting others in their place at Panini or 2: Whatever algorithm they are using to equally distribute their cards into boxes/cases is basically non existent. Either way, they are not doing their due diligence when packing their products prior to shipping.

It isn't bad luck that 2 Dion Lewis golds (1/10 and 10/10) are hit in the same case. It is also not bad luck that 3 Sony Michels were pulled out of one case but there isn't a Gallup auto in 12 cases. Gallup and Mike Whites are not SP that I am aware of. It also is not bad luck that the most Cowboys RC autos I hit were Bo Scarbrough!!!! A guy that didn't make the team months ago is still being put into products!!!

I will still purchase individual cards off Ebay and therefore indirectly contributing to Panini, but I will no longer purchase wax or participate in breaks!!! Where is TOPPS????????/

Damn that is some miserable luck. Case breaks are not worth it if your team is expensive. I am not familiar with the cowboys but i bet that 9 hundo could have gotten you every card you wanted from the set easily.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Collation has always been an issue with card companies. Sorry you got skunked on your Cowboys picks. Based on what I've seen from box breaks, this year Denver is the one to have with all their rookies.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New Jersey Devils
    See bcool022's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I dont know the in depth details enough for this subject, but in a similar one we opened a box of 2018 phoenix the other day in our group break and both autos were the same guy. Dont really think that should be happening.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The issue I would always have with Panini if I ever bought their products would be that they have an online store where they sell cards for points. Who is to say they don't accidentally forget to pack out some of the better cards to offer as a reward later. They can always use the excuse that so and so didn't return the cards in time or that there was a problem with production so that's why they couldn't be inserted into the pack. At least with Donruss, Upper Deck, and Topps they really had no legal outlet to move their cards if they didn't find their way into the packs.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Once they started removing stated odds from packs, it became difficult to really trust anything beyond the guaranteed hit or hits per box.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Falcons Miami Dolphins New York Mets
    COMC Cards For Sale

I got in on a case break for the first time and got about 10% back. I'm trying one more time, but like others have said, its just better to get what you want instead of paying for others to get big hits. I bought Topps baseball this year just so I didn't have to buy Panini.