Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See abawhite's Items on eBay

Best Way to Sell Card Collection?

I'm looking to downsize and get rid of a lot of cards I have amassed over the years. Any suggestions on best way to do this?

Sell them all at once... or break up into different lots?

Which is the best site/way for different types of cards?
    - low end RC's, inserts, etc.
    - auto/jersey
    - high BV cards

Has anyone found some sites better than others?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Brian

SCF Rewards
    Country

eBay is by far the best site for high end cards. Depending on how many game used and autographs you have of junk players it might just be best to package them altogether and post them as one big lot on eBay as well.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tough question, lots of pressure. Considering your time is worth money, breaking it up too much may not be the best. Even though you may maximize your gross, I'd rather make $100 in 1 hour than $200 in 2 whole days worth of work.
    My suggestion would be to skim the top 10% of your collection and sell it on Ebay. If your top 10% consists of 30,000 cards then maybe break that into groups....GU, Autos, vintage, Stars, etc. without it becoming a full time job. Remaining question would be what to do with the remaining 90%. If the volume isn't crazy, Ebay the rest as well. A dealer you trust is a possibility even though you'll take a hit for his end but it's easy peasy.
    Last idea......and don't laugh. Once you sold the cream off the top, depending on what you have left. Consider something I did a few years back. I had a lot of sets, commons, inserts etc. Good stuff but not a huge market for it. High BV was almost 10K. Real world value? We could argue forever. At that time I figured I could get about $1000-$1500 if I got REAL lucky finding a buyer that wanted a mountain of cards at that particular moment. My tax return at that could be adjusted with some charitable donations. I ended up paying about $600 less in taxes. And in my opinion was less work than selling. Just a thought.