Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

I guess the offer to Aho was for less than he wanted. I'd think carolina would match.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I guess the offer to Aho was for less than he wanted. I'd think carolina would match.

It will cost the team owner all of Carolina's gate proceeds for next season the way the contract is structured. Is he prepared to do that and in effect cover the signing out of pocket?
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Random KHL news, but Jhonas Enroth signed another 1-year deal with Dinamo Minsk. Stoked! This means more KHL cards!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If the offer sheet was less than he wanted, he wouldn't have signed it.

Carolina will likely match, but MB did a nice bit of hardball there and showed that he's willing to go out and make a splash to get a player he wants that can help the team.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Carolina has matched the offer according to Capfriendly

SCF Rewards
    Country

They have stated that they intend to match the offer withing the allotted timeframe, so not official yet.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I'm not surprised in the least. I said it before and I'll say it again: This wasn't a serious offer. Bergevin just wanted attention.

If/when Carolina matches, this proves two things:

1. The owner isn't afraid to open his wallet after all

2. Montreal's offer was not even close to good enough to make Carolina flinch.

What a waste of time offer sheets are proving to be. I'm betting they are removed in the next collective bargaining agreement. Only one or two have worked in the last, what, 20 years? Dustin Penner is the only player that comes to mind who signed an offer sheet and went to his new team.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

They have stated that they intend to match the offer withing the allotted timeframe, so not official yet.

I'll take this as about as official as we'll probably get

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm not surprised in the least. I said it before and I'll say it again: This wasn't a serious offer. Bergevin just wanted attention.

if it was not a serious offer, then why did the player sign it? At the end of the day Aho thought it was serious enough to sign it! Attention seeking or not.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

if it was not a serious offer, then why did the player sign it? At the end of the day Aho thought it was serious enough to sign it! Attention seeking or not.

The fact that Aho signed it is irrelevant. Carolina has the cap space to match, so the offer is a joke.

Offer sheets are supposed to be designed to put pressure on the current team and make them sweat out their decision, to make things difficult enough on the team that they likely would not match, but the new team would have to pay a steep compensation if it's a top player. It's another way for a team to try and acquire a player. That's the purpose of an offer sheet as I see it and that's why you don't see many offered.

Even industry insiders consider that deal laughable. Aho signed it because he just wants money. That's it. Does not mean it's a viable contract offer.

Plain and simple, this is a PR stunt that backfired for Marc Bergevin and the Canadiens, in my opinion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast