Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Get ready for the free agent frenzy

Seems a little bit of a spoiler-fest on social media tonight with many outlets reporting X going to Y already. Either way, get ready for a lot of signings and way too many millions of dollars being paid to guys who had above-average seasons in their contract years!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

and as I told @Pheebs888 on Facebook - enjoy that extra cap space and 2nd rounder needed to trade for Kyle Turris after Duchene signs in Smashville

as a Sabre, we'll be basking in the glow of the super pickup of Curtis Lazar #NextBrettConnolly

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just read about Anders Lee looking for 9mil/year... which is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

So the Canadiens sent an offer sheet to Sebastien Aho and he signed it. Unfortunately, I think the Hurricanes will match this one quickly.

I don't think this was a serious attempt to get Aho if I'm being honest. Montreal could have done better. If this is what offer sheets will be, what's the point of offering one?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@scottkoz20 Lazar is a good kid. I hope he can put it together in Buffalo because he’s getting close to the last stop otherwise.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just read about Anders Lee looking for 9mil/year... which is the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

I was with you on this until I saw Brandon Tanev get a six-year deal from the Penguins today.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So the Canadiens sent an offer sheet to Sebastien Aho and he signed it. Unfortunately, I think the Hurricanes will match this one quickly.

I don't think this was a serious attempt to get Aho if I'm being honest. Montreal could have done better. If this is what offer sheets will be, what's the point of offering one?

Look closer at the numbers, this isnt a simple 8.5X5 offer
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Look closer at the numbers, this isnt a simple 8.5X5 offer

I studied this closely. I still don't consider it a serious offer. This deal is mostly a signing bonus contract. That's a dumb way to do it. The Leafs did that with Tavares and it is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

The Hurricanes aren't even close to the cap limit and owner Tom Dundon has money to burn. I know he's a bit of a cheapskate but I don't think he is stupid enough to let Aho go over a signing bonus laden deal

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

A lot of big moves today!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

@scottkoz20 Lazar is a good kid. I hope he can put it together in Buffalo because he’s getting close to the last stop otherwise.

I might be in the minority on this one, but this is a low risk, high reward signing. Kudos to Botterill on this and making sure that he found some organizational depth while making Rochester (and by proxy, Cincinnati - ECHL) better.

I studied this closely. I still don't consider it a serious offer. This deal is mostly a signing bonus contract. That's a dumb way to do it. The Leafs did that with Tavares and it is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

The Hurricanes aren't even close to the cap limit and owner Tom Dundon has money to burn. I know he's a bit of a cheapskate but I don't think he is stupid enough to let Aho go over a signing bonus laden deal

IMO, thats the point of the structure of that Offer sheet is to force Dundon, who has shown to be using your term here a "cheapskate", to see if he's willing to fork out nearly 1/2 of the money in the first 12 months of the deal. The fact that Aho signed it could also infuriate Dundon as well. Kudos to Montreal for stepping outside the box on this regardless of the result.

However, I am more interested to see the implications on how this potentially impacts Point, Marner and a lesser extent Laine.

Most agents are looking to get the signing bonus money for their clients as this would have to be paid regardless of another lockout.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast