Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

“ Save for the one incident” this one incident wasn’t a drunken bar fight , driving too fast or any other misdeed that can , and should be forgiven. He BEAT a child with a stick. You said he “ switched” his child, the word is beat. He BEAT his own child , there is nothing lower. Hypocrisy is nasty but nothing close to what that piece of garbage did.

From what I understand, Peterson's son adores him and Peterson is considered a great guy and strong family man by those who know him. His isn't a situation like Tyreek Hill's where his own son is supposedly scared to death of him.

I find it absurd that you literally feel it would have been better had Peterson been involved in two incidents that could have resulted in the deaths of multiple people (drunken bar fight and speeding in a vehicle) than that he merely disciplined his son with a switch the same way he was disciplined with a switch when he was young. Like I said ... hypocrisy is a nasty thing.

I also find it insane that people these days believe that if some celebrity has one incident in their past that they themselves find reprehensible, that such means the celebrity is never allowed to receive forgiveness no matter what their future holds.

YOU and every other human on earth have done something in your past that some other human would find reprehensible. As MLK Jr. said, there is evil in the best of men and good in the worst of men.

Humans are all flawed ... including you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

From what I understand, Peterson's son adores him and Peterson is considered a great guy and strong family man by those who know him. His isn't a situation like Tyreek Hill's where his own son is supposedly scared to death of him.

A kid he didn't know he had was beaten to death years ago.....
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A kid he didn't know he had was beaten to death years ago.....

He had a son that lived with his mother ... the mother dated a wacko who killed the son ... how does that reflect badly on A.D.? He can't control the actions of some wacko in another location ...

Peterson also grew up without a father, as his dad was in prison for laundering drug money ...

Peterson also witnessed his big brother get murdered in front of him when he was just 7 years old ...

It's easy to judge people ... but very rarely do humans judge righteously and almost never has the human judging walked in the shoes of the one they are judging ...

SCF Rewards
    Country

He had a son that lived with his mother ... the mother dated a wacko who killed the son ... how does that reflect badly on A.D.? He can't control the actions of some wacko in another location ...

I didn't say it as a knock on AP for somebody else killing a kid but more that he doesn't even know how many kids he has in this world yet you said he was a strong family man. People can sleep around all they want but we don't have to praise them as family men while doing so.

Also on a side note don't have sex with crazy women. NOTHING good can come from it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Wizards NULL NULL

I find it absurd that you literally feel it would have been better had Peterson been involved in two incidents that could have resulted in the deaths of multiple people (drunken bar fight and speeding in a vehicle) than that he merely disciplined his son with a switch the same way he was disciplined with a switch when he was young. Like I said ... hypocrisy is a nasty thing.

I also find it insane that people these days believe that if some celebrity has one incident in their past that they themselves find reprehensible, that such means the celebrity is never allowed to receive forgiveness no matter what their future holds.

YOU and every other human on earth have done something in your past that some other human would find reprehensible. As MLK Jr. said, there is evil in the best of men and good in the worst of men.

Humans are all flawed ... including you.

“He merely disciplined his son with a switch the same way he was disciplined “. I’m sure AP was also abused as a child, it’s a generational issue .You obviously don’t understand the difference between “ discipline “ and “abuse”. Your use of the word “ merely “ is also disturbing.
    No doubt I, like yourself, have done things others would find reprehensible but the bar doesn’t have to be raised very high to be above abusing a child.
    Love AP all you want , I’ll save my admiration for people like Warrick Dunn and Manute Bol,HOFers in life away from the field.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I didn't say it as a knock on AP for somebody else killing a kid but more that he doesn't even know how many kids he has in this world yet you said he was a strong family man. People can sleep around all they want but we don't have to praise them as family men while doing so.

Also on a side note don't have sex with crazy women. NOTHING good can come from it.

Hahahaha, no doubt on that last part! In regards to the first part, I understand what you're saying, I just believe A.D. is considered a strong family man, and some woman having his child and never telling him, doesn't mean he's not a strong family man, as one can only take care of the family they know they have.

“He merely disciplined his son with a switch the same way he was disciplined “. I’m sure AP was also abused as a child, it’s a generational issue .You obviously don’t understand the difference between “ discipline “ and “abuse”. Your use of the word “ merely “ is also disturbing.
    No doubt I, like yourself, have done things others would find reprehensible but the bar doesn’t have to be raised very high to be above abusing a child.
    Love AP all you want , I’ll save my admiration for people like Warrick Dunn and Manute Bol,HOFers in life away from the field.

Firstly, I don't "admire" any athlete as a person, I admire Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I do not admire any mere athlete as a person, do not own a single jersey, etc., as ALL humans are flawed. There are certainly "things" I can admire about every single person on earth and who has ever lived, as every person on earth can learn something from every other person on earth.

Secondly, the difference between discipline and abuse is entirely arbitrary and subjective. I do believe A.D. abused his son and I do not condone what he did, however, again, from what I have heard his son adores him and he's a good family man. I have known many men and women who were abused on a regular basis when they were young and my guess is every single one of them would have been happy to be able to trade their dad for Adrian Peterson as a dad, so saying that Peterson deserves misery and shouldn't be forgiven, etc., just smacks of extreme SELF-righteousness to me.

Thirdly, MANUTE BOL????????????? REALLY?????????? You're going to basically call A.D. the devil and then sing the praises of Manute Bol, a guy with a legit RAP SHEET?

Manute Bol's Rap Sheet:

- Charged with disorderly conduct related to domestic abuse

- Charged with drunk driving TWICE

- Charged with assault and battery

- Charged with resisting arrest

- He personally spent $3.5mil to fund a civil war that resulted in a large number of deaths, and later the very people he funded disowned him

I AM SHOCKED THAT AFTER THE SELF-righteousness you displayed in your comments regarding Adrian Peterson, you hold up Manute Bol as a person that deserves to be admired .... SHOCKED
    Last edited by Jameis1of1; 08-23-2019 at 12:45 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Wizards NULL NULL

Hahahaha, no doubt on that last part! In regards to the first part, I understand what you're saying, I just believe A.D. is considered a strong family man, and some woman having his child and never telling him, doesn't mean he's not a strong family man, as one can only take care of the family they know they have.

Firstly, I don't "admire" any athlete as a person, I admire Jesus Christ of Nazareth. I do not admire any mere athlete as a person, do not own a single jersey, etc., as ALL humans are flawed. There are certainly "things" I can admire about every single person on earth and who has ever lived, as every person on earth can learn something from every other person on earth.

Secondly, the difference between discipline and abuse is entirely arbitrary and subjective. I do believe A.D. abused his son and I do not condone what he did, however, again, from what I have heard his son adores him and he's a good family man. I have known many men and women who were abused on a regular basis when they were young and my guess is every single one of them would have been happy to be able to trade their dad for Adrian Peterson as a dad, so saying that Peterson deserves misery and shouldn't be forgiven, etc., just smacks of extreme SELF-righteousness to me.

Thirdly, MANUTE BOL????????????? REALLY?????????? You're going to basically call A.D. the devil and then sing the praises of Manute Bol, a guy with a legit RAP SHEET?

Manute Bol's Rap Sheet:

- Charged with disorderly conduct related to domestic abuse

- Charged with drunk driving TWICE

- Charged with assault and battery

- Charged with resisting arrest

- He personally spent $3.5mil to fund a civil war that resulted in a large number of deaths, and later the very people he funded disowned him

I AM SHOCKED THAT AFTER THE SELF-righteousness you displayed in your comments regarding Adrian Peterson, you hold up Manute Bol as a person that deserves to be admired .... SHOCKED

Your knowledge of what happened in South Sudan is far too shallow for me to even respond to . He was a flawed, like all of us , but beautiful person with a kind heart.
    I’m done with this topic and this thread. Peace

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Your knowledge of what happened in South Sudan is far too shallow for me to even respond to . He was a flawed, like all of us , but beautiful person with a kind heart.
    I’m done with this topic and this thread. Peace

I could have NOT listed his funding a civil war and his rap sheet would still have looked far worse than Adrian Peterson's, yet you basically said Peterson is the devil and deserves misery, while you laud Bol as a "beautiful person with a kind heart" despite him being charged with drunk driving twice, assault and battery, disorderly conduct related to domestic abuse, etc.

I suppose there's no accounting for taste ... or for allowing one's personal biases to cause one to act in a SELF-righteous manner and condemn someone she doesn't know while lauding someone else she doesn't know but merely likes.

As for Bol's funding of the civil war ... what I stated is 100% factual. He funded the rebels, that led to deaths, and the rebels later disowned him. Every word of that is 100% true, even if you wish it was also "elaborated on".

By the way, I, unlike you, am NOT saying that someone (including Manute Bol) deserves misery or is beyond forgiveness, etc. I KNOW that there is evil in the best of men and good in the worst of men, and that every human is flawed, period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12