Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

No work? Plenty of hobby time! Lots of new PC pieces!

He guys,

Long time no show and tell eh? Figured I'd post what I've been up to hobby wise lately. As some of you may know, I attended the 2016 Winter Classic in Foxborough and collected all the SPGU cards from that event and framed them in a custom job so, since I attended the NHL Classic 100 in Ottawa between the Habs and Sens in 2017, I just had to do the same thing. While the checklist was shorter this time, the chase was quite a bit harder. The net cords weren't that bad, although I thought it was somewhat annoying that there were 2 different Price net cords...mainly because I bought the same one twice DOH! But in the end, I got them all. The GU pucks were harder though, there were 4 this time around, Price, Gallagher, Drouin and Shaw. Gally was an easy enough ebay job, Drouin was an easy trade on epack but Price? Good grief...there was one insanely priced on eBay and another one on epack where the guys just wouldn't (for some reason) sell to me. What's a collector without their friends right? I got our resident Price collector @RGM81 to buy it for me off the guy and just transfer it my way afterwards but after all that, there was still the small matter of Andrew Shaw...I looked everywhere and just couldn't find it and then...a friend on Facebook told me one had sold in a group on there and when I reached the guy who had bought it months ago, he sold it to me for 20$ saying that since it was the last one I needed, it would be in a better home with me :). So, on the first day of my 3 weeks off, I started putting together my new frame and here's the finished product:

Frame 1.jpgFrame 2.jpg

Item number two on the list hobby wise was to get my Nordiques jersey signed by the 3 Stastny Brothers who were going to be in town for the unveiling of their memorial in Qc city on August 8th. I made my way to the Centre Videotron and witnessed the unveiling of a brilliant piece of art (if you ask me - and I ended up on TV explaining why after being interviewed by a journalist lol) but wasn't able to get the jersey signed...Thankfully, I knew a guy from Montreal who was holding a private signing with the brothers the next day so I just stopped by his hotel, gave him the jersey and 24 hours later, my old Fleurdelysé was signed! Now, make no mistake, I'm not a Nordiques fan and never was but my dad, on the other hand is. He loved that team so come Christmas, that beautiful signed piece of history will be wrapped up and waiting for him under the tree, He's going to be over the moon so, so am I!

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Kari...lry/266/100872

Stastny auto jersey.jpg

Item number 3 on the list was getting Patrick Roy ( the coach and general manager of the Quebec Remparts right now) to sign my two mini Stanley Cup from 1986 and 1993. Thankfully, the Remparts training camp just happened to occur during my holiday so I checked the schedule and made my way to the Pavillon de la jeunesse where the on-ice sessions were meant to take place. I got there bright and early and noticed that the head coach wasn't on the ice putting the youngsters through their paces but I just knew he had to be watching... So I started looking around and eventually noticed that high up in the media area, there were three guys watching intently and taking notes... I climbed up almost all the way up there and sure enough, Roy was there...Safely tucked away in a press box with a lot of glass around him... I went through the exit upstairs and saw that there was only one way he could come out of that media box (and back in before the second on-ice session) and decided that I'd wait there come 10:55, minutes before the second session. At 10:45, when the first session wrapped up, he exited the box and I let him go without making contact, thinking I was better off letting him have his break first. When he came back upstairs though, there I was, standing alone with my two mini Stanley Cups and I asked him if he would be willing to make my day by signing them. Sure enough, he said it would be his pleasure and he did so. So here they are:

Cup 86.jpgCup 93.jpg

So, the 1986 cup is now signed by Patrick Roy, Chris Nilan, Stéphane Richer and Mats Naslund. While the 1993 one is signed by Patrick Roy, Mike Keane, Brian Bellows, John Leclair, Patrice Brisebois, Denis Savard, Jessie Bélanger, Benoit Brunet, Stéphane Lebeau and Mario Roberge.

Final item on the hobby agenda for my holidays, getting my Remparts jersey signed by Guy Lafleur. See, a few years back, I got a Remparts jersey and decided to try and get it signed by all the players who had their numbers retired by the team. When Radulov decided to sign with Montreal, he came to Québec city for a signing session to thank the Remparts fans for the years he had in Québec so that's when I got the first one. Then, about a year later, the Canadiens Alumni were playing in my home town and for some reason, Simon Gagné was with them so I was able to get him to sign it there and this summer, in June, Phillip Danault held his annual golf classic in Victoriaville and had invited Marc Edouard Vlasic so I got his signature there...That only left Guy Lafleur to go... I decided to gamble and use the info on the Sportscardforum Through the Mail app... I wrote him a letter, put it with the jersey along with a sharpie and a return enveloppe, hoping he would agree to finish my project for me and lo and behold, he did! So, here's my Remparts jersey signed by those 4 players who have market the franchise:

Remparts auto.jpg

So, there you have it! That's what I call a great holiday! Who needs travelling when you can spend time improving your personal collection (or getting THE ultimate xmas gift for your dad :) ).

Thanks for the looks, reads and comments welcome as always!
    Karine

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow, simply breathtaking! Great displays and some nice Habs pieces! Thanks for the show!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Impressive!
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Those two cups are awesome, congrats on getting Roy's auto. Sounded like an awesome experience!

Very nice custom frame job on those NHL 100 Classic cards. That turned out to be quite the piece for your collection. Well done, Karine!

Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Awesome items there. The NHL Classic display is very cool.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Thanks for sharing! Always love seeing your Habs PC pickups.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Never gets old seeing this stuff! Congrats on the beautiful adds and happy to help along the way.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content