Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Graded Card Feedback

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Graded Card Feedback

Looking for other opinions on this issue. I purchased a 2001 Upper Deck Rookie F/X Tom Brady card, graded PSA 9, off ebay. Since my graded registry is on Beckett (sigh), I decided to crack open the PSA slab, and re-submit it to Beckett for grading. Side note: this is probably the last time I'll do this. Anyways, I carefully put the card in a one-touch and sent it off for grading (with 2 other Tom Brady rookie cards). Turns out, Beckett didn't grade this particular card, claiming there was evidence of 'shaving' on the sides. How the heck is this possible? I literally took the card from the PSA slab, put it directly into a one-touch and sent it to Beckett. Anyone experience anything like this? Can I challenge this? I have looked it over with a jewelers loupe and don't know how they can claim this?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looking for other opinions on this issue. I purchased a 2001 Upper Deck Rookie F/X Tom Brady card, graded PSA 9, off ebay. Since my graded registry is on Beckett (sigh), I decided to crack open the PSA slab, and re-submit it to Beckett for grading. Side note: this is probably the last time I'll do this. Anyways, I carefully put the card in a one-touch and sent it off for grading (with 2 other Tom Brady rookie cards). Turns out, Beckett didn't grade this particular card, claiming there was evidence of 'shaving' on the sides. How the heck is this possible? I literally took the card from the PSA slab, put it directly into a one-touch and sent it to Beckett. Anyone experience anything like this? Can I challenge this? I have looked it over with a jewelers loupe and don't know how they can claim this?

Im not sure how true this is, but I watched a video on old PSA cases. Aparently the old ones had a way were you can extract the card and put another on in there. Not saying this is what happened with you, but being from eBay, there is definitely a chance, if of course this video was right. I will say that I thought companies did cross grading? So all you had to do was to send it to Beckett in a PSA slab and they would re-grade it in a Beckett slab. If this is the case, maybe it would have been "over looked" since it was already graded. Then again PSA was caught grading cards knowing they were trimmed. Only thing I believe you can do is contact Beckett yourself and explain to them what happened. They can probably explain it better than anyone else.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots

Im not sure how true this is, but I watched a video on old PSA cases. Aparently the old ones had a way were you can extract the card and put another on in there. Not saying this is what happened with you, but being from eBay, there is definitely a chance, if of course this video was right. I will say that I thought companies did cross grading? So all you had to do was to send it to Beckett in a PSA slab and they would re-grade it in a Beckett slab. If this is the case, maybe it would have been "over looked" since it was already graded. Then again PSA was caught grading cards knowing they were trimmed. Only thing I believe you can do is contact Beckett yourself and explain to them what happened. They can probably explain it better than anyone else.

Thanks for the feedback, and I don't know why I didn't think of just sending it in the PSA slab!