Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Hm. I guess they can't number the Gold Scripts, depending on how many blaster cases exist. It's a product that even (or especially) sells in Europe, and beyond. If you figure there are only 250 cards in the set, and 100 cards per player, then we are saying 25,000 Gold Scripts total printed. Divide that by 20 boxes per case, and it would mean only 1,250 boxes in circulation. I don't know how many boxes are shipped to retailers, but for the math to work, we would have to assume the cards would be numbered to, I don't know, like #/1,000.

That would be a... Bronze Script not gold.

Is the odds on this truly a case hit? Because if it is, then the odds would be 1:420 packs (or 1:140 if it’s a 7 pack blaster - read 21 packs so I am making some assumptions)

If there are 25000 cases (which would be low IMO) then I can see it being 100, but my money is that it’s much more. Love the analysis on this.

Scott

SCF Rewards
    Country

It wasn't a Laser Shot Matthews, it was Connor McDavid and it's the "red"....

My brain has been a little off recently do to having a fractured upper rib and all the meds the doctors have me on...

I did pull an MVP Stanley Cup Edition Matthews Silver Script tho...

I got several cards I really need to topload...

The last 2 boxes weren't as "loaded" as my first one, but I did get some awesome hits.... Like that McDavid .... I read the odds on the back of the pack and those "Laser Shots Red's" are 1:100 packs and the fact I pulled a McDavid is pretty sweet...

If it matters I also pulled a Malkin "laser shot" as well....

I'll break down what I got in a separate post...

Either way I really like this new MVP product...

I also bought a fat pack of 2019 Topps Heritage Baseball, but only because I love the cards - don't know if I have a hit or not, because I don't know modern baseball that well BUT I know vintage baseball very well and I love those 70 Topps designes .... I'm sure someone on the baseball forum will be willing to tell me more about what I got there.... I wish they would do something like that with hockey cards - that would be sweet......

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is the odds on this truly a case hit? Because if it is, then the odds would be 1:420 packs (or 1:140 if it’s a 7 pack blaster - read 21 packs so I am making some assumptions)

If there are 25000 cases (which would be low IMO) then I can see it being 100, but my money is that it’s much more. Love the analysis on this.

Scott

The "blasters" I was buying had more than 7 packs... It was more like 20 (just guessing) but they were 5 card pack ... Upon looking further there were 21 packs in the box (of course 1 bonus pack)...

I'm thinking of going back and buying the rest of their hockey up..... They have an entire hanger of "fat packs" ... They're $5.49 each tho and I would buy them all up....

They only had 2 "blasters" left tho and I bought both...

Sucks living in the states if you're a hockey card collector, the selection is profoundly limited and the card shops around here are either extremely expensive or have little selection at all.... It's all mostly baseball, basketball and football - they could care less about hockey..... There are some hockey collectors around here tho, I know that because when I go to my "honey hole" someone is buying these cards beyond myself....

But yea, I think I'm going to go back tomorrow and just buy all the hockey they have... Probably a bunch of fat packs, but that is fine...... I'll probably buy a box or 2 of Topps Heritage Baseball as well, because I really love it, and I wish hockey would have a "Heritage" type set -- I would buy that up like water...

SCF Rewards
    Country

As far as my 2x box breakdown, this is what I got (and I'm only going to list inserts and parallels):

Laser Shot

McDavid "red"
    Erik Karlsson "red"
    Malkin

Gold

Niskanen
    Backlund

Silver

Pastrnak
    Trent Federic (rookie)
    Pilip Forsberg
    Kyle Connor
    PK Subban
    Dylan Larkin

MVP Stanley Cup Edition Silver Scripts

Auston Matthews
    Drouin
    Tarasenko
    Seth Jones

Net Crashers

Toews
    (another) Tavares

Rookies

I know I missed a few RC's, I have to go back and check out what I missed

Karson Kuhlman
    Colin Blackwell
    Kole Sherwood

Puzzles

Again, I probably missed a couple because I was on my back meds when I broke these boxes, lol

Nino Niederreiter

Of course I also pulled several sweet base cards...

So yea, all-in-all - not a bad break at all..... I still cant believe I pulled a red Mcdavid, and Karlsson "laser shots".... So yea, given what I have pulled thus far on MVP I think I have gotten my bang for my buck... I would highly recommend it if you're bored and just want to break a box..

I don't know how to define the boxes I was breaking because they were 21 packs per box (one bonus pack as usual) for 18.99 a box....

And I still have to go though them and find the high # SP's and make sure I got all my rookies and puzzle pieces, and I'm sure I will find a few more....

In my opinion I will give this product an 8/10... IMO you will get your bang for your buck with some awesome cards on the side.

Honesty I only went back for more because I got several "hits" out of my last box I opened yesterday.... I got a Quinn Hughes gold so...

I'll probably go back tomorrow and grab a box or 2 just to finish the set...

But yea, I agree with those that find this product fantastic, and I will leave it at that .

If you read my post, I appreciate it and I hope my recommendations pay off for you.

- Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12