Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unhappy Artifacts Sucks BAD! Worst product EVERY year!

ok, just watch the youtube breaks on this crap, garbage. In the retail version, i consistently pull ZERO INSERTS and ONE jersey card /299. Its at least 40 bucks cdn.plus s/h. Blasters even worse. Almost every box NOTHING/ZERO! Hobby has to be better but for the price UD wants forget it. I have been opening boxes for 20 plus years, started collecting actually 30 years ago. Nothing comes close to the garbage Artifacts puts out every year.

For a good laugh or cry watch youtuber Zeeree Gaming. Google his youtube artifacts breaks; he actually burns unopened packs.

NEVER waste your money on blasters and retail. NEVER.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Artifacts retail is probably the worst product to purchase.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

Artifacts RETAIL is absolutely the worst product in the entire hobby the fact that it even exists is astonishing to me. It would be hard for me to think of a way for it to be worse.

That being said, Artifacts hobby is actually one of the better products out there with gorgeous card design year after year and a very nice product configuration as well.

Upper Deck should be ashamed of themselves for the retail product - but if you like the design try a hobby box - they are not quite "worth it" in my opinion at only 8 packs for ~$100 but you'll almost certainly open something nice

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Artifacts retail is a bunch of scrap. Go for hobby, it's a decent product. I'm not breaking it myself, but I love hunting memo parallels of retired Habs and Nordiques players.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's sad that a bunch of potential collectors' first foray into hockey cards is Artifacts at Wal-Mart. And you wonder why the hobby is declining.E

Edit: I've said it before and I'll say it again... the hobby desperately needs a $.99 pack of Collectors Choice in retail stores.
    Last edited by Maggot; 09-25-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

In the retail version, i consistently pull ZERO INSERTS and ONE jersey card /299. Its at least 40 bucks cdn.plus s/h

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

It's sad that a bunch of potential collectors' first foray into hockey cards is Artifacts at Wal-Mart. And you wonder why the hobby is declining.E

Edit: I've said it before and I'll say it again... the hobby desperately needs a $.99 pack of Collectors Choice in retail stores.

I would love to see Topps get a licence. Hockey version of stuff like Topps Holiday would be fun and affordable :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

*burns pack for comedic effect*

reveals a 1/1 Gretzky auto patch

*cries for comedic effect*

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Artifacts retail is probably the worst product to purchase.

This right here.

Sadly the only retail product really 'worth' opening is UD S1/S2. Other main products I'd say are just okay I guess, considering it's at the retail level.

Artifacts is most likely the worst you can go with for the retail price point, especially when you're located in Canada. The exchange rate hurts us bigtime, man.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    My traders on Flickr

By no means am I defending Artifacts retail as a worthwhile purchase, but it is a product that was responsible for me getting back into the hobby. I had collected cards as a child throughout the 80's and early 90's and then just lost interest. Fast forward to 6 years ago and i was in Toys 'R Us looking for a gift for my nephew when i saw some boxes of hockey cards on sale (little did I know at the time they were called "blaster" boxes.) I thought, "what the heck, i'll buy one just out of nostalgia." It was a 2013-14 Artifacts blaster box and to my surprise, i pulled a card with a jersey swatch! Being completely oblivious to how the hobby had evolved over the years, I remember being blown away that a hockey card actually contained a game-used piece of a jersey! I was hooked and haven't stopped since. I should say that subsequent Artifacts blaster purchases have delivered nothing more than a serial #'d card but if it wasn't for that particular box 6 years ago, who knows if I'd ever have re-discovered my love for the hobby.
    Hidden Content
    Traders album: Hidden Content
    Full traders list: Hidden Content
    Instagram: leafer.70

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast