Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

SCF Update - October 19, 2019 - Full Mobile Responsive Browsing / Site Updates

Members -

Sorry that I have been rather quiet over the last couple of weeks. I have had a lot going on personally and professionally; however, I have been working on site changes in the background.

If you recall, in mid-August, I announced that SCF was fully mobile responsive, Forums, tools, everything. However, the style used for the mobile responsiveness was different that the rest of SCF. So, I have been working on making the main style for the forums more responsive for mobile devices; as of this morning (October 19, 2019); this is operational and has been made the default style.

So what does this mean for you? Well, if you want to use SCF on desktop, tablet, phone - the site will conform to your screen size! This is no longer going to require the SCF Forum App that is managed by Tapatalk. Thus, is should stop working at the end of the month (though Tapatalk is already pulled the license - trying to figure this out).

There will be a couple other modifications that I will be looking to add over the next couple weeks

1) Progressive Web-app for Android (basically creating an "app") when you visit SCF on an Android device.

2) Push Notifications from SCF

Both of these modifications will give the SCF App feel.

With this, I had to disable 2 modifications for testing and they probably will need to remain disabled permanently

1) Thumbs Up/Down system - Honestly, this was starting to become more of a nuisance than anything else.

2) Streaming of sponsor breaks on the SCF home page.

I encourage you to test out SCF on your mobile device and provide feedback here.

I owe several of you PM replies - will get to those by tonight

SK

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Thanks Scott for the updates and making the site better!

Rob/Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hopefully my problem will be fixed also. Keep up the great work on this site. Love the site.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Would what you have done have any impact on leaving feedback after a trade has been completed ? I ask because I just completed a trade and tried,as I've always done before, to leave feedback, but just keep getting messages as to what "only" can be given. In other words, it doesn't allow me to leave feedback too the other trader.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Would what you have done have any impact on leaving feedback after a trade has been completed ? I ask because I just completed a trade and tried,as I've always done before, to leave feedback, but just keep getting messages as to what "only" can be given. In other words, it doesn't allow me to leave feedback too the other trader.

great catch Rodney! Please check this again - i had to apply a template update.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

@scottkoz20 - Thanks for your quick reply and "fix". It now,as in the past, allowed me to leave feedback. Again, thanks. Have a good evening and night, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Country

@scottkoz20

Hi Scott, I am having issues logging in. Same issue that happened a few months ago. I have my general settings saved to SCF Responsive Blue, but since the update a few days ago, after I log in, I have to refresh the page a few times before it shows me as logged in. I think the cache has to be cleared on the database's end or the url link from the old SCF home page link (https://www.sportscardforum.com) needs to be changed for unlogged people to show the new SCF Responsive Blue home page link (https://www.sportscardforum.com/forum.php?styleid=23) so other members dont have the same issue. I am sure I am not the only one who is dealing with this. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also noticed the VIP badge is down. It shows a broken url link on my userId and every other member who has that also.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

A couple issues this morning. Went to a private message the first time and could barely get to it.
    Tried to get here and the second picture popped up.
    Last, sometimes when trying to scroll, it gets stuck and takes you right back to where you started

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have been in New Orleans this week and will not be home until Tuesday

@key2win - it’s potentially a cookie handling locally that could be causing that. If on a desktop, if you do a ctrl -F5, this will refresh the screen AND force the browser to grab updated settings.

I did a clearing of system cache this morning on the backend. As for the vip badge, I do see them, so I cannot validate this at the moment.

@sparty07 - I would expect that behavior on the old style. The new style should conform to the screen, it does on the iPhone. Maybe this is part of what Kerwin is mentioning??? Regardless, I can’t replicate this at the moment.

As for the 2nd message - off the cuff this looks to be a something with the video encoder, but what page are you seeing this on?

EDIT - I think I found something the backend. It appears that the system was still using the old SCF Style as the default, not the new responsive forum style (difference between the 2 is mobile browser responsive)... I'll need to make a change on the the backend. I'll then have to clear the system cache again on the forums.

You will probably need to do a Ctrl-F5 page refresh to update the site information cookies.
    Last edited by scottkoz20; 10-26-2019 at 10:42 AM. Reason: updating with issue found

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast