Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Major Collection Stolen in Sylvan Lake, Alberta WE NEED YOUR HELP!

In the early morning of November 21, 2019, around 3:50 am, a 'smash and grab' style theft occurred in Sylvan Lake Alberta.

Upwards of $60k worth of mid to high end hockey cards were stolen from a secured truck. At least two perpetrators were involved.Security camera footage from two angles shows a dark colored recent model Grande Am or Grand Prix pass the truck on location, circle around, smash the driver's side window, open two doors, and grab two 2 rows, a 3 row, a 4 row,and a 5 row of cards readied for an upcoming card show. Many additional cards,in one touch and top loaders, were spilled and left on the ground. Two surveillance videos and additional evidence has been turned over to the RCMP. This appears not to have been a random smash and grab, as the thieves only hit this one vehicle that happened to have high end sports cards ready for a show, all hidden under a blanket. They were in and out in under 30 seconds.

If you have any information, or have seen any of these cards,please contact the collector, Shawn Turner, at (403) 307-3244 or the Sylvan Lake RCMP, at (403) 887-3333. A reward for information leading to the arrest of the thieves is being offered by the friends of Shawn.

Last edited by Rraincock; 11-21-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow, that’s just horrible.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    My traders on Flickr

Makes me sick to see that. Any chance you could list some of the cards to watch out for and their numbering if serial #'d? I'll definitely keep an eye out!
    Hidden Content
    Traders album: Hidden Content
    Full traders list: Hidden Content
    Instagram: leafer.70

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

You would have to think that anyone trying to sell these cards would seem unintelligible in negotiation if they were in any given card store. I hope they get caught. I just received some higher-end cards in the mail today from someone in Sylvan Lake today... I wonder if it is the same person.

Absolutely sickening to see those cards scattered on the ground like that ! The whole thing is sickening.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Awful situation - you hate to see it. There's a big show in Langley, BC this weekend and it makes you wonder if the perps are going to head to that to dry to dump the cards.

Hopefully they're caught and the cards returned to their rightful owner.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content