Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Lightbulb Your 2020 Collecting or Hobby Goals (Thread revamped for 2021!)

Saw this one up in the baseball forums, so I just knew i had to post one of these threads here in the hockey section.

So what are your collecting and/or hobby related goals for 2020?

Here's mine:

1) Reach 500 total cards for my Jhonas Enroth collection. I'm currently at 477 (with duplicates included) and I hope to reach this milestone as soon as I can.

2) Get up to 20 cards for my Upper Deck 300 Win Club set. I have 16 from this set, but I feel this one will be a little tough at the prices I'm looking for.

3) Have fun. It sounds cliche, but a hobby isn't a hobby unless there is some fun involved.

So what are your hobby-related goals for 2020?
    Last edited by creasecollector; 12-30-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

My hobby-related goals for 2020...
    1. Reach 90% completion for my Liut collection.
    2. Help my daughter with her Fleury collection.
    3. Downsize my overall card collection.
    4. Continue to build my Bryzgalov and Vasilevskiy collections.
    5. Pick up nice Habs cards when I can get them for a great price/trade.
    6. Help other collectors on ePack and SCF build their collections.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My hobby goal for 2020 is to focus on quality over quantity by buying the following cards before I move on to other Rangers team sets:
    1958-59 Topps 30 Shack RC
    1964-65 Topps 71 Shack, 74 Villemure SP, 92 Paille RC SP
    1966-67 Topps USA Test 36 Geoffrion

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

Attend as many Tim Horton's trade nights as I can, highlight of my 2019 collecting year by far

Keep picking away at my Bobby Ryan want list, 92 cards needed

Surpass 1200 total Gretzky cards, need 13

Finish off my 80's OPC stickers collection, need 5 stickers to complete all 9 books

Pick up a Nick Suzuki young

Finish my Parkhrust gold Bobby Ryan, this should be done in 2019 but may take a bit longer. 1000 base cards what an awesome idea Upper Deck EDIT One guy on epack sent 1300 ryan base today just cause he is an awesome guy, so end up with 2 golds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not generally an epack fan but definitely a fan of the member PUCKANDBALL
    Last edited by MR.M's Cards; 12-29-2019 at 07:57 PM.
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

My hobby-related goals for 2020...
    1. Reach 90% completion for my Liut collection.
    2. Help my daughter with her Fleury collection.
    3. Downsize my overall card collection.
    4. Continue to build my Bryzgalov and Vasilevskiy collections.
    5. Pick up nice Habs cards when I can get them for a great price/trade.
    6. Help other collectors on ePack and SCF build their collections.

Nice! How many cards are you away from 90% completion on your Luit PC?

And if I receive any duplicate Fleury's for my small Fleury PC, I'll be sure to keep you in mind.

Attend as many Tim Horton's trade nights as I can, highlight of my 2019 collecting year by far
    Keep picking away at my Bobby Ryan want list, 92 cards needed
    Surpass 1200 total Gretzky cards, need 13
    Finish off my 80's OPC stickers collection, need 5 stickers to complete all 9 books
    Pick up a Nick Suzuki young
    Finish my Parkhrust gold Bobby Ryan, this should be done in 2019 but may take a bit longer. 1000 base cards what an awesome idea Upper Deck

Best of luck with those Bobby Ryan cards! Your last show & tell was really something. I hope you eventually earn a Ryan Parkhurst Gold. That sounds..... fun......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Nice! How many cards are you away from 90% completion on your Luit PC?

And if I receive any duplicate Fleury's for my small Fleury PC, I'll be sure to keep you in mind.

If my math is correct, I need another 44 cards to get me to 90% completion, (only 17 more if I don't count 1/1s).

I appreciate the offer on the Fleury's. I'm not looking for anything crazy or expensive, just nice looking base that she can put into a binder and stare at lol. The few nicer Fleury's that she has, are stored in a shoe box in top loaders, sealed with teambags. She refers to them as her expensive cards lol. When you get a few, let me know and we'll set up some sort of deal.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

If my math is correct, I need another 44 cards to get me to 90% completion, (only 17 more if I don't count 1/1s).

I appreciate the offer on the Fleury's. I'm not looking for anything crazy or expensive, just nice looking base that she can put into a binder and stare at lol. The few nicer Fleury's that she has, are stored in a shoe box in top loaders, sealed with teambags. She refers to them as her expensive cards lol. When you get a few, let me know and we'll set up some sort of deal.

With my completion % numbers, I don't count 1/1's, just the non-1/1's. So for you, best of luck with picking up 17 new Luit's ! :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

My answers are a little boring but they are true:

1. Finish my 18-19 Upper Deck set - I'm well into it but the all-star update cards inserted in SPA have really slowed me down as I don't really feel like paying $10-15 each for those things
    2. Finish my 19-20 Upper Deck set - which will of course involve buying a few series 2 boxes :)
    3. Do the tim hortons set for 2020 if there is one (have the 5 years of the contract elapsed?)
    4. Continue to accumulate cheap and undesirable jersey cards as I find them for a buck or so

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

My answers are a little boring but they are true:

1. Finish my 18-19 Upper Deck set - I'm well into it but the all-star update cards inserted in SPA have really slowed me down as I don't really feel like paying $10-15 each for those things
    2. Finish my 19-20 Upper Deck set - which will of course involve buying a few series 2 boxes :)
    3. Do the tim hortons set for 2020 if there is one (have the 5 years of the contract elapsed?)
    4. Continue to accumulate cheap and undesirable jersey cards as I find them for a buck or so

If you pull any of the 4 Jhonas Enroth Upper Deck 30th Anniversary BuyBack 1/1's that should be releasing in Series 2, please let me know :)

And as far as Tim Horton's go, 2019-20 was the 5 year mark. I hope Upper Deck and Tim Horton's can continue that partnership into the future. What a great release that is for the hobby!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

Finish off a bunch of my sets i've been working on:
    1995 Classic Images Autographs
    1997-98 BAP Autographs (down to a few SPs)
    2002-03 Victory National Pride
    2013-14 Score Gold (need update cards from Anthology only)
    2014-15 UD Ice (missing /99s only)
    1994 Parkhurst Tall Boys (master set)
    2018-19 Upper Deck (missing a few all star parallels from SPA)
    2019-20 Topps NHL Sticker Collection
    1994 Classic Master Set
    1991 Topps Archives 1953
    2016 Goodwin Museum Collection World War 2 Relics
    2016 Goodwin Champions Museum Collection World War II Signatures
    2017 Goodwin Museum Collection World War 2 Relics
    2017 Goodwin Champions Museum Collection World War II Signatures
    I collect Matt Dzieduszycki, Derek King, Pierre Turgeon (Isles only), Zigmund Palffy (Isles only) plus specific current Isles (mainly Wahlstrom, Dobson, Barzal, Beauvillier, Pulock)

All photos/lists can be found here:
    Hidden Content

Please, no more offers for tradebait. I have enough of it as it is.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast