Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Grading Baseball Cards - When grades rises card value?

Hi everyone,

I'm a new guy on cards world and I'm trying to know a bit of dynamics. One of the things that I'm trying to understand is about when I should or not grade a card.
    Since I only collect 1st Bowman Chrome Auto cards (generally #/25), bulk of that cards are graded but I already understand that grading a card can decrease a card value on market.
    Lets try to explain my point of view:

I have a 1st Bowman Chrome Mateo Gil Orange Refractor not graded. That cards is value around 100$. If I have a 10 Beckett grade I'm pretty sure that card can raise the value to around 150$, but if I have a grade 9 PSA, maybe that card can't be sell by more than 75$.

- This is driven because collectors don't want to have graded cards bellow 9,5 Beckett? Or is more about cards population and the overall conditions of all 25 serial cards (a 9 PSA can eventually be the higher grade of a serial numbered cards).
    - Collectors prefer Beckett grading instead of other companies?

I would appreciate some insights on this subject, and sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this tread.
    I live in Portugal and I have to understand if I really can add value to my cards sending it to some grading company.

Thanks for you attention,

Hugo

SCF Rewards
    Country

If someone can suggest some kind of articles to read or information regarding this subject, I will be please too.
    Thanks