Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 111sold's Items on eBay

Difference between Raw Grade & Slabbed

Hello All:

I am looking at a Raw Graded Rookie graded 7.5. The seller wants the same price as if it was slabbed.

I feel it should be less. Am i wrong about this?

If so what would the approx. difference be in price.

Card Value $700.00

Thank you in advance for your response.

Chris

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

I don't buy a lot of graded, but I would think lower. The encasing offers a level of protection so that the card will not change condition. The Raw card case is flimsy and offers less protection than a normal top loader. Also, I am sure someone has figured out a way to tamper with Raw Grade cards. Just my thoughts. I would think midway between ungraded at condition and slabbed.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It definitely should be less. I assume your talking raw review. That just gives a idea what the card will grade but in no way shape or form guarantees that grade. If the seller wants to you pay the price of a slabbed card tell them this.

1) Are you going to guarantee that it will get a 7.5 when I have it slabbed. If they say they will then I might take them up on their deal minus the cost of slabbing. All, they have done is given a ballpark of what it is going to slab at and a 7.5 unless for a older card is not all that great.
    2) If they say not to the question above ask them why you should pay for a price based on a slabbed card if they are not going to back it up with a guarantee?

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Perfect. Thank you Don. I appreciate all your help. That is what i will do.

Thank you fatfrank for your response and input. Points well taken.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe BGS guarantees their RCR stuff when you want it slabbed., as long as it doesnt look tampered with

RCR is for quick grading at shows.

Its the inconvenience of getting it slabbed
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ditto on doniceage. Even tell the seller that he do all the filling out, packing up, driving to the post office and waiting for it to return(with probably but not guaranteed same grade) and then you'll buy it at the same price plus the slabbing cost and also throw in some gas money.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I believe BGS guarantees their RCR stuff when you want it slabbed., as long as it doesnt look tampered with

RCR is for quick grading at shows.

Its the inconvenience of getting it slabbed

I am thinking that is not the case hence my reply. If it is then my thoughts would. Hopefully, someone who knows for sure will; comment.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Perfect. Thank you Don. I appreciate all your help. That is what i will do.

Thank you fatfrank for your response and input. Points well taken.

Anytime!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Okay. sounds good. I have had some raw graded at the Summit Show a few years ago. They told me if i kept them they would probably honor the grades at a later date for slabbing. I was not sure if they would do the same if it changed hands a few times. I am sure they would know if it was tampered with.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes not sure if i have to go that far. City i am in is 250,000. pretty easy to get around. lol.

But i do agree that he should consider the cost of grading and shipping in his price as it a definite expense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast