Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Enough is enough!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rbcinc-2's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to rbcinc@cogeco.net Member is PayPal Verified

Enough is enough!

To whom it may concern,

Due to the massive spike in Card values and the unwillingness to voluntarily implement sufficient fraud and tampering security controls by your company we have petitioned the US Congress to hear us on the above subject matter to do as they see fit to contravene the above mentioned.

I myself only purchase about $3000/year in cards, however over the last 2 years a little over 25% of the packages purchased from authorized retailers were previously tampered with. From opening the “Resealed Package” and finding loose cards to people buying “Hobby boxes” and once they find their guaranteed cards, taking the remaining packs and repackaging them. Another issue being that your “Authorized Retailers’ buy boxes directly from you at X dollar and then marking them up at an average of 300% and sometimes over 1000% for resale.

With single cards reaching the 100G selling mark, you have made it a haven for criminals, scam artists and even terrorists – No one is going to question someone crossing a border (or mailing across borders) with a few trading cards in their possession even though they could be worth millions to be used for criminal activity up to and including funding terrorist groups.

We have a few security recommendations in mind if you care to discuss them – Such as retailers taking returns even if they are still “Supposedly” sealed (As well as several other recommendations). We are also asking that tampering with packages becomes a felony with a theft over $100,000 charge to be applied in each count since we will never know what cards they removed.

Please Respond.

Robert Copeland
    RBC Inc.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Boston Bruins Buffalo Bills
    Twitter: @@NiagSportsCards See uncleeddiesgarage's Items on eBay

Robert, Who are you calling out here? The forum or the users or someone else? Also with you being in Canada I think you should go to your Parliament and not the US Congress, I doubt they would hear your case. Sports Cards Forum is neither the manufacture, distributor or a wholesaler, so I am not sure what you are saying here. Unless you are buying blaster boxes from Wal-Mart the repacking and sealing returns to hobby shops is just nuts to think about. I don't know any hobby shop that would take back a hobby box,

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (12)
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Vancouver Canucks Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @@BackyardRink13 See davidsteinhauser's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hidden Content
    My up-to-date multi-sport trade/sale inventory + full wantlist can be found on Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Would be helpful to choose a target and focus on that.
    In this post you've attacked the following parties: pack searchers, manufacturers, retails, distributors, US Congress, hobbyists, re-packers, terrorists, law makers... I think I got them all ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rbcinc-2's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

To be fair I have not had any problems with Hobby Boxes, Hobby Box retailers are only guilty of price gouging! I have had numerous Blaster boxes from the big chains that were tampered with. And yes I am calling you all out, you are all guilty to some degree. For example Panini sells their Prism Basketball retail boxes to resellers for under $90 (And this happens across the board, the only boxes that are fairly priced are the ones that aren't selling) - Find me 1 retailer selling them for anything close to that and I will apologize! The reason I have chosen to take this to congress is because if you have enough signatures than they have to hear your complaint and respond to it and Panini is a US Company - The Canadian government would have very little clout here. The problem starts with the manufacturer and the greed grows from there!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't get me started on Case Breakers NiagSportsCards - They are selling spots for an average profit of $1000/box - The IRS must love you guys! The only blowback I am getting is from Crooked retailers and Case Breakers - Go Figure!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maggot you are right - The problem starts with the manufacturer, they are allowing this to happen and they are the main focus.