Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Think I may have found rare Peyton Manning card!

I have a 2006 Absolute Memorabilia card (Peyton Manning) that has a Super Bowl XLI embossed on the front. There is no found listing, that I can find for this card. Few guys from Beckett's forum helped some but still couldn't pinpoint the card. There was information on web/ebay of 2006 Score with the same embossed logo on front. Information on those listings state it was a promo, where only 10 sets were made. Score cards are the only ones I found via web, no other brand. If anyone has any info please let me know! Photos attached!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Did you ever try contacting Panini customer support? Curious if they were able to help out or not.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (66)
    Country

wild guess but maybe it was a buyback that got embossed and then inserted into a later product?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've sent two emails to Panini, so far...crickets! Hope they could shed some light on it. Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did you pull it from a pack or get it from somebody like that?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pulled it out of box of random cards at card show. Paid $1.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

I think I know what it is.

At Super Bowls 32 & 33 Playoff had booths at the NFL Experience (at those games).

I person could buy any Playoff brand pack from any dealer at the show, and open it AT the Playoff booth and have their cards stamped with the Super Bowl logo. I think it was one card per pack could be stamped.

I missed out at 32 on this, but at 33 I bought some packs and got a bunch of cards stamped. I had to wait in line, and watch as each card got stamped in a little stamper machine. I think they also gave me a t-shirt for participating.

So I am guessing someone opened a pack of Absolute at the same booth at 41, and got the card stamped themselves.

Also guessing that yes, it's a fairly rare copy. I don't think there's any way to know how many cards got stamped. I do not remember them keeping track in any way of what cards they stamped.

Assuming that's what this is, there cannot be too many of them floating around.

Standing in line to open a pack was not the most popular thing to do at the NFL Experience, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pulled it out of box of random cards at card show. Paid $1.

I think I know what it is.

At Super Bowls 32 & 33 Playoff had booths at the NFL Experience (at those games).

I person could buy any Playoff brand pack from any dealer at the show, and open it AT the Playoff booth and have their cards stamped with the Super Bowl logo. I think it was one card per pack could be stamped.

I missed out at 32 on this, but at 33 I bought some packs and got a bunch of cards stamped. I had to wait in line, and watch as each card got stamped in a little stamper machine. I think they also gave me a t-shirt for participating.

So I am guessing someone opened a pack of Absolute at the same booth at 41, and got the card stamped themselves.

Also guessing that yes, it's a fairly rare copy. I don't think there's any way to know how many cards got stamped. I do not remember them keeping track in any way of what cards they stamped.

Assuming that's what this is, there cannot be too many of them floating around.

Standing in line to open a pack was not the most popular thing to do at the NFL Experience, lol.

With the information that you got it from somebody at a show I'm going to agree with JWinn that this is most likely the source of the card. Yes it is rare and to buy that card for just $1 is a super steal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That would make sense. Well if this is the case, guess it would be hard to say how many are out there, maybe 1 of 1! Well I appreciate all your help! The card is encapsulated and safe in my PC! If I hear back from Panini or get any other information I will post it here! Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos
    See Just a buyer, no page.'s Items on eBay

It's a beauty, that's for sure.

Aside from what I got stamped myself, I have picked up a few Rod Smith's over the years.

I kinda view them like the National show cards Playoff used to release. I have a few Rod Smith's of those as well, numbered to 5. Like the Score promo you mentioned.

I am assuming Panini has continued some of the stuff Playoff did. That NFL Experience in Miami 20 years was the last football card show I ever attended. Never been to The National.... (I went the show at the NHL All Star game here years ago, but that was almost all hockey focused... My entire hockey collection, lol) I know show cards have become something completely different than they used to be in the Playoff days.

Anyway, it could be a 1/1, but I'd guess there's somewhere between 5 and 10 of them. All depends on how many packs of that product were sold at that show, and how many of those people stood in line to participate, AND pulled that card. Probably not a whole lot.

They pop up from time to time for me for me for Rod Smith, and get a slight premium, but not too much. Only a buck or two these days. Maybe an extra five on a nice hobby version or parallel card.

Probably a better bump for that player.

Nice card!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast