Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

Not a hello, but a warm, heartfelt, thoughtful goodbye!

I have been trying to figure out how to write this for a while...

When I joined this site, I had about 200 cards, 3 of which were "good" cards at the time. The pride of my collection was a 2001 Sp Authentic Santana Moss patch RC card. I knew next to nothing about the hobby, the cards, or the players- I just wanted somewhere to trade my cards and meet some cool people.

In both counts, I would say I was successful. I have (as of this typing) the second highest number of deals ever on SCF, and the highest feedback ever on this site. I obtained, traded, and sold hundreds of thousands of cards. I served on staff twice, helping the site grow and become the most successful site for trading on the internet for a good long while. I met amazing people, some of whom have become friends in real life, which was always a nice bonus!

However- the fact is, things have changed. Most of my friends have moved on, either to new sites or to new hobbies. I have changed my focus as well, becoming a small time card dealer for my second job. While I still collect for me, I also am concerned with turning a profit on cards now, as it helps to support my lovely wife and I. The fact of the matter is, this site is not at the moment the thriving place it once was. Scott did a great job rebuilding and reworking the site, and I know the new owner will continue to make this site wonderful...but it just doesnt feel like home any more. I have changed my focus, I have changed my priorities, and I have changed the way I "do" cards- and for the most part, that doesnt fit here any more, I have realized.

Today was the final proof to that, as a trader was unhappy because I had not matched a deal card for card, when the understanding was that we would both send small lots to each other to help each other's collections. And I realized something- I would rather do this hobby and this business elsewhere now- not because SCF isnt a great place- but because it isnt my place any more.

Thank you!
    Thank you to all of the traders who I made awesome deals with! Thank you to those who made deals with me that didnt go so well, you helped me learn more about this hobby and about how to make deals online. Thanks to everyone who bought from me- I hope I gave you good deals on cards that you liked! Thanks to all who sold to me- I loved the cards- all of them!
    Thanks to Mike, Tony, George, Scott, Don, Ed, Chris, and all of the hundreds of other men and women I interacted with in a positive way. I cherish the friendships and memories far more than any cardboard.

Peace out SCF- you were and always will be, my sports card home!

Thanks for reading, and best of luck to all of you and all of your collections in the future! Find me on Facebook, find me at a NE Ohio show- or drop me a line just to say hi!

With lots of love and respect
    Palantri (Ed Hutchinson)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Best wishes my friend

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    Twitter: @Nsloki See nobodyweirdlikeme's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Good luck!
    My main focus is 90s star inserts/refractors in any sport but will also look at RCs, Color Refractors/Prizms and #'d of JRod, Witt, Ohtani, Carroll, Griffey, Jeter, Trout, Acuna, Jordan, Lebron, Luka, Ja, Ant, Brady, Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Hurts and any other star rookies/prospects
    Any Kobe Bryant Esp. Rookie Year Cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Ed
    Take care on your future.
    I know I received some nice cards from you for my Orioles collection over the years.

I know what you mean on about doing other things
    A friend has started another site called SASE sports sigs.net and I am helping him get it started.
    Its kind of fun rebuilding from the beginning. We are only 5 members now but we are trying to grow . We still belong to other sites but it is a nice challenge.

Again take care and I wish you the best

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Ed- Sorry to see you go. Hopefully this won't be a true goodbye. I suppose many of us have had encounters on the site that were less than positive, but for me the positive still greatly outweighs the negative. I hope you will give the site another opportunity.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays
    See pieytremblay's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Goodbye my friend. Wish you the best :(

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

As a very new member who is still trying to figure this place out that was sad to read. Best wishes to you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Happy to hear you've been able to re-evaluate your priorities, not an easy task. Too bad you won't be here going forward but I wish you all the best in the future!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I totally understand Ed and hope you the best! I too am going under a change in the hobby and what I want to collect! You will be missed brother!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots
    Twitter: @njbritton Instagram:

Interesting... Wish you the best!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast